What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R16 Sat - Cowboys 14-12 Panthers @ 1300SMILES

Round 16: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
images
Yep :) but at least admit its funny about the same call in the 20's you said was fine

Generalzod

Immortal
I didn't see most of the match, but I did see the second half though and I got to say everytime the Cowboys put up the ball on the last tackle most of the chasers where offside...We got satellite technologyy 2 touch judges 2 refs the bunker and they can't even check to see who's offside...Who's running the NRL the royal blind society a guide dog can do better.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't blame panthers fans for being upset at the ref, I would be too. However all the penalties bar the one on Whare were obvious. To me even that was a penalty however considering its been free reign on chasers all year, to pull that up in the last 5 minutes of a close game was an odd call.

Otherwise all the penalties were fine and it seemed obvious to me the panthers were gassed and trying to slow it doe . The Merrin strip right infront of the ref was bizarre, he then complained about it when it was the most blatant strip I've ever seen.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Well for it to be match fixing there needs to be collusion

Are you telling me the NRL has organised the refs to ensure qld teams win matches through favourable calls ?

Also from my vantage point it looked like your boy shoulder charged cooper by leaving the ground and leading with his shoulder rather than just bracing himself for contact

but nah it wasn't your team was outplayed but a conspiracy against you that lost it

You got cleary's try which if sent up as no try wouldn't have been awarded

It was a great match between two evenly matched teams

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Whare one was 100% penalty, the problem as always is that they only pull that penalty out 1 out of every 20 times. Players assume they can get away with it until the one bullet in the chamber goes off.

Unfortunately for them the Panthers were the ones pulling the trigger when the bullet was loaded.

I don't blame panthers fans for being upset at the ref, I would be too. However all the penalties bar the one on Whare were obvious. To me even that was a penalty however considering its been free reign on chasers all year, to pull that up in the last 5 minutes of a close game was an odd call.

Otherwise all the penalties were fine and it seemed obvious to me the panthers were gassed and trying to slow it doe . The Merrin strip right infront of the ref was bizarre, he then complained about it when it was the most blatant strip I've ever seen.
Only the block was bullshit, only due to whats happend the last few years. I actually agree with the call but they only made it in reaction to origin which is very hard to take

GongPanther

Referee
If anything,and providing that we get our game heads back on and do away with all the dumb shit in our game,we'll be hopefully playing the Cows in the semis.

But for me,I doubt that the Cows will be there.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tommys alright...just being a shit stirring wind-up merchant.Us Panther fans have thick skins.
My therapist would probably say it's all because of the 2003 GF; where as a teenager attending the match I was mocked and bronx cheered out of the stadium by Penrith fans.

Perhaps I've still yet to truly recover from this traumatic experience on a deep level; hence my propensity to troll Riff fans :D

And yes you do all take it very well so it's all in good fun.

I mainly wanted the Cowboys to win because I still consider the Panthers a threat to our top 4 spot.

Latest posts