What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R16 Sat - Cowboys 14-12 Panthers @ 1300SMILES

Round 16: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Qlder

First Grade
1bd5aa36aad1cd9a1cd724b2bb456a81

images

A taste of life after Thurston...

TheFrog

Coach
A taste of life after Thurston...
It was a damn fine kick and I have the utmost respect for Ethan Lowe as a footballer, but honestly, if he's your long term kicker, you've got big problems.

Like Croft making the ball stop an inch inside the dead ball line, it was a fluke.

Shorty

Staff member
It was a damn fine kick and I have the utmost respect for Ethan Lowe as a footballer, but honestly, if he's your long term kicker, you've got big problems.

Like Croft making the ball stop an inch inside the dead ball line, it was a fluke.
Speaking of Melb, they win the game if Munster converts better.
We've got some time now to figure out who our main kicker is but we have a few options.

pantherz9103

First Grade
At least we can look for the positives from all the dumb footy being played this year causing us to be out of the 8 over halfway through the season when we were supposed to be pushing for top 4.

If we make the 8 then that's credit to our talented players like Moylan being able to recover from the bad start. If we miss it then surely nothing can save Griffin! :mad:

TheFrog

Coach
At least we can look for the positives from all the dumb footy being played this year causing us to be out of the 8 over halfway through the season when we were supposed to be pushing for top 4.

If we make the 8 then that's credit to our talented players like Moylan being able to recover from the bad start. If we miss it then surely nothing can save Griffin! :mad:
Every losing team blames the coach or the refs I suppose, but I'm sure Griffin didn't coach the side to drop the ball repeatedly. We hold the ball, we win that game, notwithstanding the ridiculous Whare penalty.

Exsilium

First Grade
We played pretty poorly at times. If I had to choose one area of our game that needs improving and its the decision making on fourth and fifth tackle. It is one thing to not gift the opposition seven tackle sets but we bomb it and they get six tackles from the 30m its much the same result.

I would have liked to see Cleary or even Moylan kick to touch, reset the line, Rely on our defence, which was pretty good for most of the game and just manage the game a bit better.

We had one interchange left with 15 minutes to go. The cows had three and they had to rotate for injuries. Makes you wonder how we got ourselves into that situation.

I was disappointed to lose that one but I did feel it coming when we kept giving away penalties in the last ten. The Whare one was obviously disappointing but some of the strip penalties were garbage. Seems you can just let go of the ball when there is a defender locking it up. Insta penalty. Whats ridiculous is that the same players drop the ball and get the penalty. Its almost comical.

Fangs

Coach
Positives? Almost none.

What a disappointing performance. Everyone knows games like this one are important. So very sad.