What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R16 Sun - Sharks 18-35 Sea Eagles @ SCGS

Round 16: Sharks v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snoop

Coach
With a bit of extra cash next year we should be giving Lawrence two more years. He's back to the form of a few years ago. Taupau has finally worked out that he can run hard and fast at the opposition. It must have just been mental 'cause physically he's a beast. Green has been surprisingly great, DCE improved with Green next to him, Walker > Hayne. We should be around come finals time and may even make it into week 2 or 3.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Brown needs to make way for Cullen. We need that x factor off the bench. With Lussick back, our forward pack is immense. Especially with Perrett and beast mode Fonua-Blake. Hopefully Siro and Perrett pull up OK.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Did Kevin Walters actually mention Ben Hunt and Moses Mbye are in contention over DCE.

Mate, he's not one of the lads ok?

Sure did. Lol

F*ck em

Here you go nerdburgler, no mention of Hunt but Mbye is a contender apparently

lol what a pack of idiots...

DALY Cherry-Evans is well in the mix to replace injured Queensland champion Johnathan Thurston for the State of Origin decider, according to coach Kevin Walters.

Walters is on the search for a new five-eighth for game three after Thurston was last week ruled out for the rest of the NRL season after aggravating a shoulder injury in game two.

Cherry-Evans is among of host of well-credentialed candidates for the July 12 encounter, including Michael Morgan, Corey Norman, Moses Mbye and Ben Hunt.

However Walters admits Manly captain Cherry-Evans is in the hottest form of his career after leading the Sea Eagles to the top four for the first time in three seasons.

Walters also pointed to Cherry-Evans’ six previous Origin appearances between 2013-15.

“He’s obviously played Origin before so that’s a big bonus for him, and I think he’s in career-best form,” Walters said on Fox Sports’ NRL360 on Monday. “

“When he was picked for Queensland last time, I don’t think he was playing as well as what he is at the moment with the Manly side. He’s certainly in contention.

“Certainly all of his stats are pointing in the right direction. He’s having a great year for the Manly side, but we’ve got to make a decision ourselves once we get through the weekend.

“He’s one of those guys that we’re looking at. He’s in the mix, definitely.”

Walters also poured cold water on rumours Cherry-Evans is out of favour with senior players in the Maroons’ set up, which has kept him out of Origin contention in recent years.

“I hear that rumour often bob its head up. There’s nothing in it. If he’s not selected, that won’t be the reason, it’ll be something else,” Walters said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/da...s/news-story/13528321491b6589c6f986bc74cfa2fb

Personally I would go with Munster due to his combination with Storm players. But once Cronk retires DCE is first in line. Excellent player.

The Beaver

Juniors
:confused:

There is no quote there FFS.

Earlier in the thread it was stated that 'Walters said he preferred Hunt and Mbye to DCE'

Keep on googling numpties.

I know the Queensland education system is quite backwards, so here is a lesson for you. Quotation marks are these " ", and the text inbetween is the quote someone has made. So the following excerpt shows what Kevin Walters said:

“Michael Morgan would be an option for us,” Walters offered.

“(Cameron) Munster was the 18th man so he’d be another one for us.

“Corey Norman’s being playing well for Parramatta so those sort of guys, Moses Mbye is another who that would possibly come into the picture so we have some options there but there’s only one little Johnny.”

Got it?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
lol what a pack of idiots...

DALY Cherry-Evans is well in the mix to replace injured Queensland champion Johnathan Thurston for the State of Origin decider, according to coach Kevin Walters.

Walters is on the search for a new five-eighth for game three after Thurston was last week ruled out for the rest of the NRL season after aggravating a shoulder injury in game two.

Cherry-Evans is among of host of well-credentialed candidates for the July 12 encounter, including Michael Morgan, Corey Norman, Moses Mbye and Ben Hunt.

However Walters admits Manly captain Cherry-Evans is in the hottest form of his career after leading the Sea Eagles to the top four for the first time in three seasons.

Walters also pointed to Cherry-Evans’ six previous Origin appearances between 2013-15.

“He’s obviously played Origin before so that’s a big bonus for him, and I think he’s in career-best form,” Walters said on Fox Sports’ NRL360 on Monday. “

“When he was picked for Queensland last time, I don’t think he was playing as well as what he is at the moment with the Manly side. He’s certainly in contention.

“Certainly all of his stats are pointing in the right direction. He’s having a great year for the Manly side, but we’ve got to make a decision ourselves once we get through the weekend.

“He’s one of those guys that we’re looking at. He’s in the mix, definitely.”

Walters also poured cold water on rumours Cherry-Evans is out of favour with senior players in the Maroons’ set up, which has kept him out of Origin contention in recent years.

“I hear that rumour often bob its head up. There’s nothing in it. If he’s not selected, that won’t be the reason, it’ll be something else,” Walters said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/da...s/news-story/13528321491b6589c6f986bc74cfa2fb

Personally I would go with Munster due to his combination with Storm players. But once Cronk retires DCE is first in line. Excellent player.

Thanks for the awesome article.

If you still think DCE has not been blacklisted by certain elements of the Qld team, then you are quite frankly, f*cking stupid.

Ben Hunt. lol