What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R17 Fri - Broncos 12-42 Storm @ Suncorp

Round 17: Broncos v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JW

Coach
Absolutely stoked that this hasn't been a cricket score.

With Milford, Boyd, Oates and McGuire in the side this is a totally different story.

Still not all that great though, was hoping for better after the 55 odd mins. We had a slight FA edge over the teams around us, so this hurts that quite a bit. Likewise though, this outcome was more or less expected and I doubt it'll refelct our season as a whole, but who knows. A highly passive and disjointed effort against the last team you want to be stuffing around against.

blaza88z

Coach
Still not all that great though, was hoping for better after the 55 odd mins. We had a slight FA edge over the teams around us, so this hurts that quite a bit. Likewise though, this outcome was more or less expected and I doubt it'll refelct our season as a whole, but who knows. A highly passive and disjointed effort against the last team you want to be stuffing around against.

Don't worry about that, we've got the Knights after the bye

Big Pete

Referee
Awesome performance from Melbourne, they were ruthless with the football and some of their tries (Vunivalu's second) was indefensible.

Brisbane were good whenever they wanted to play patient football, but they seemed obsessed with wanting to score off every play. I actually don't mind that sort of attitude, a side like the Broncos have to think about putting 30 on the Storm because they're never going to win the arm wrestle, but they didn't work themselves into it. The last pass from Hunt really summed it up, he was hell-bent on going for the all or nothing play, even when it was more likely to result in an intercept, it was silly.

On the plus side, despite getting 42 put on them, I still think some of the younger players stood up for Brisbane. Pearson made some promising touches and I thought Pangai Jr & Ofahengaue did a good job of winning the ruck at the start of the second half.

Still it was Melbourne's night and they really put the rest of the competition on notice with that performance. They're going to be very, very hard to beat in 2017.

insert.pause

First Grade
I was at the game and was watching Thaiday closely, he did absolutely nothing but drop two balls from two touches, after last weeks effort of dropping the ball before being knocked out. This from a guy who was just dumped from rep football, you would expect that to motivate a player. He was like the lazy guy in the workplace that is always hovering around pretending to be doing something, he was just walking around watching everyone else. At one point he was so far behind the line he could have been playing fullback, and that's not an exaggeration. If Bennett is fair dinkum he has to drop Thaiday, don't even give him the bye. He just doesn't give a shit anymore.

OVP

Coach
Brisbane lost by 30 ?

giphy.gif

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

It's cute that you think last night was a cricket score.

BRISBANE 71 (T Carroll 2 J Hodges 2 B Tate 2 D Boyd P Civoniceva G Eastwood B Hannant K Hunt J Moon tries M Ennis 4 C Parker 4 D Lockyer 3 goals D Lockyer field goal) bt NEWCASTLE 6 (J Mullen try C Paterson goal) at Suncorp Stadium. Referee: B Cummins. Crowd: 27,433.

Last edited: