What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R17 Thu - Eels 13-12* Bulldogs @ ANZ

Round 17: Eels v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rabbits20

Immortal
What happened to your development? He did have moments were he was sublime at the WT. The only problem was is he started listening to too many people and chased the bigger dollars. That wasn't the fault of the club if he saw that the grass was greener on the other side.Just hope for his sake the grass doesn't go all yellow.
They are an abomination.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Couldn't have jinxed myself anymore if I tried

I'll admit I think he will become a superstar. Just needed the right support which I think he has at parra
I don't think he will be a superstar, but he could turnout to be the perfect foil for Norman.

He worked his arse off in defence which is pleasing.

Our pack sucks balls but their kicking game combined have helped us win the last two weeks.

Bazal

Post Whore
Couldn't have jinxed myself anymore if I tried

I'll admit I think he will become a superstar. Just needed the right support which I think he has at parra

Until our board implodes again, we sack BA, sign the next Steve Kearney and fill our roster with Daniel Harrison and Matt Ryan clones....

Being an Eels fan generates a reasonably high degree of cynicism....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would be hilarious if dogs got up
Mitch Moses spoiled the joke.
crying-face.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parra fans should not hope they get in the 8,as they'll be fair dinkum chicken feed. If Parra were the side all the media were shooting their mouths off about all week,they should have hammered this lot by 70.
Building to a premiership requires getting to the finals first. I'd rather go into 2018 off the back of a finals flogging than missing the finals (again).

We just need to shake the reputation of perennial bottom eight finishers. Refs panic when we have a lead because they think they must be making a mistake. This is why we have good leads at half time and then receive zero second half penalties. This is the seventh time in 16 games this year that the opposition has conceded fewer than two (i.e. one or zero) second half penalties. How are teams getting more disciplined under fatigue? It's bullshit. Refs are panicking that we are doing teams easily so they stop penalising the opposition.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moses and Brown magnificent.

Edwards isn't a starting first grade player and imo has always been a bench/back up player.
Edwards is one of our best attacking players. He just struggles playing eighty minutes. The fatigue turns him into Paul Carige.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it really?

Thats a mental stat....
Round 7: Eels 10 - 16 Tigers at half time, Tigers conceded zero second half penalties

Round 8: Eels 12 - 0 Panthers at half time, Panthers conceded zero second half penalties

Round 9: Eels 14 - 0 Cowboys at half time, Cowboys conceded one second half penalty

Round 10: Eels 4 - 28 Roosters at half time, Roosters conceded one second half penalty

Round 12: Eels 18 - 0 Rabbitohs at half time, Bunnies conceded one second half penalty

Round 15: Eels 12 - 4 Dragons at half time, Dragons conceded one second half penalty

Round 17: Eels 12 - 2 Bulldogs at half time, Dogs conceded zero second half penalties

In five of those games we led at half time by 8 to 18 points, then found ourselves up against flawless (or close to it) second half opposition.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Round 7: Eels 10 - 16 Tigers at half time, Tigers conceded zero second half penalties

Round 8: Eels 12 - 0 Panthers at half time, Panthers conceded zero second half penalties

Round 9: Eels 14 - 0 Cowboys at half time, Cowboys conceded one second half penalty

Round 10: Eels 4 - 28 Roosters at half time, Roosters conceded one second half penalty

Round 12: Eels 18 - 0 Rabbitohs at half time, Bunnies conceded one second half penalty

Round 15: Eels 12 - 4 Dragons at half time, Dragons conceded one second half penalty

Round 17: Eels 12 - 2 Bulldogs at half time, Dogs conceded zero second half penalties

In five of those games we led at half time by 8 to 18 points, then found ourselves up against flawless (or close to it) second half opposition.
Those stats are crazy but unsurprising. no wonder why we struggle to put sides away.

Hawkins

Juniors
that pass in the first few minutes. I had to double check I was watching first grade and not a city v country affair

ed-grimley

Bench
Yeah Moses would have probably scored, but probably doesn't equal a penalty try. Anything can happen that far away.

Ultimately we won on our defence. 30% of the footy second half without a single penalty, and camped in our own end....yeah we conceded twice, but we could have conceded a lot more than we did and we have at times this year.

Sometimes you've gotta win ugly and honestly that's something we've been very poor at the last few years. So there's an upside even to an awful game like that lol.
I reckon the penalty try should have been given and I wouldn't have complained if it were a Parra player who committed the offence. I also think the ref should have awarded/not awarded the try and see if the bunker could find evidence to overturn the decision. If a try is not scored then there is no way that the bunker can give a decision based on any certainty either way. Players will always take the chance that a PT won't be awarded if they never are.

forward pass

Coach
I think the whole "have to be absolutely certain he would have scored" criteria for a penalty try is absolutely ludicrous. It is impossible to be 100% sure.

I think the interpretation should be changed to "if there was a fair chance a player would have scored had it not been for the foul" then it is a try. If you commit a professional foul - then that is the risk you run - a penalty try. At the moment you would always foul the player because they are extremely reluctant to award penalty tries.

Latest posts