What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R18 Sat - Panthers 16-8 Sea Eagles @ Pepper

Round 18: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldPanther

Coach
Manly looked like they got done by their own enthusiasm. They were trying so hard and just pushing things a little too hard with the ref. They'll be top 4 for sure.

Our attack sucks but Moylan admitted it after the game so hopefully they work hard at it. I'm glad our defence is getting better.

Someguy

First Grade
Watch it without the rose coloured glasses cliff.It wasn't the Panthers who were ill disciplined.

I tend to disagree a few sets where panthers could have been penalised on any of the tackles, an off side that was given as a try, a forward pass between stationary players, also plenty of other things panthers could have been pinged for.

That being said no arguement about manly a discipline DCE should have been binned

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Manly looked like they got done by their own enthusiasm. They were trying so hard and just pushing things a little too hard with the ref. They'll be top 4 for sure.

Our attack sucks but Moylan admitted it after the game so hopefully they work hard at it. I'm glad our defence is getting better.
Defence better? We only had the ball for about 5 minutes.

Smack

Coach
sorry to break it to you panther fans, but everyone outside the top 8 has no chance of winning the comp.

OldPanther

Coach
Defence better? We only had the ball for about 5 minutes.

Bit of an exaggeration, you still had plenty of opportunities. Earlier in the year we still lose that with close to the worst defence in the comp.

sorry to break it to you panther fans, but everyone outside the top 8 has no chance of winning the comp.

Yeah we know. Manly are a big contender though. Good luck to them.

GongPanther

Referee
Congrats on the win to supporters like you Gong.

Danger team if they get in the 8!

You're wellcome. Manly know how to turn it up a notch when they need to.I was getting quite concerned at the start of the 2nd half.I was thinking to myself that this is the reason why Manly are were they are on the ladder.

Good and exciting times ahead. Actually,I said this about Souths last week.I must have jinxed them.At least you won't be getting done in your next match.

GongPanther

Referee
I tend to disagree a few sets where panthers could have been penalised on any of the tackles, an off side that was given as a try, a forward pass between stationary players, also plenty of other things panthers could have been pinged for.

That being said no argument about manly a discipline DCE should have been binned
It was part of Manly's gameplan to disrupt our flow of the game. We do it,most clubs do it.Depends who you are playing.

But Manly knew they were going to face a team that was wounded,and embarrassed.

They planned to go to Penrith Park to out-ambush the Panthers.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
It was part of Manly's gameplan to disrupt our flow of the game. We do it,most clubs do it.Depends who you are playing.

But Manly knew they were going to face a team that was wounded,and embarrassed.

They planned to go to Penrith Park to out-ambush the Panthers.

Instead they got ambushed by the refs and bunker.

Fangs

Coach
Very tough game to watch. Completely butchered by the refs.

Manly defended well. But Penrith didn't throw much at them. Glad I didn't spend anything to see that tonight.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Manly was off and uncharacteristically ill-disciplined tonight, but the 14-4 penalty count was absolutely ridiculous (i know the panthers are sponsored by oak, but some of the blatant milking that was rewarded with bs penalties was embarrassing). Completely understand Barretts blow up and methinks Perenara deserves a good spell for a few weeks.
How that "try" was given is beyond me and shows how s#!+ the bunker can be. Apparently you can take the ball from a teammate whilst being in front of him?
Knew it would be hard to beat a hungry Panthers team in Penrith and they sure turned up to have a dig. Shame we didnt get to see a fair contest, wouldve been an interesting tussle.