What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R18 Sat - Panthers 16-8 Sea Eagles @ Pepper

Round 18: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
Not to mention the try which was disallowed to DWZ.Our player Hawiara did knock the ball into the Manly players leg,but it seemed that he knocked the ball backward...that one I'll check with the replay.

But the big underlining point here is that our attack has to improve.Instead of just putting on passes for the forwards to barge over,more creativity needs to be applied.
Definite 50/50 call that went to Manly. I'd like also to have seen the Peachey runaway try go upstairs instead of being called back as it was.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
My post was kinda vague but I meant Barret after the Knights/Manly game.

Look forward to seeing the next NRL coach on the wrong end of a 14-4 penalty count, go to a presser singing the praises of referees.

Let me know when you see that will ya?

Jesus.

GongPanther

Referee
Definite 50/50 call that went to Manly. I'd like also to have seen the Peachey runaway try go upstairs instead of being called back as it was.
Yea,I missed that...what actually happened there.[was at the time bleedin' me lizard]

OldPanther

Coach
Look forward to seeing the next NRL coach on the wrong end of a 14-4 penalty count, go to a presser singing the praises of referees.

Let me know when you see that will ya?

Jesus.

I'll keep an eye out. I find the flip flopping hypocrisy funny.

Personally I think the officiating needs to be fixed. I hate seeing the current shit show of 50/50 calls etc. Influencing games. The $2m bunker still making blatantly obvious wrong calls. Nearly every post game becomes about the refs and half the time it's justified that fans are annoyed regardless of which club they support.

GongPanther

Referee

Here it is here in the Ch 9 highlights. As usual,they won't show the more damming camera angle of this no-try,so they show the least angle to judge it by.

Even by this angle,there is no way Hawaria knocks this ball on. It is knocked into the Manly player's leg,backward.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I'll keep an eye out. I find the flip flopping hypocrisy funny.

Personally I think the officiating needs to be fixed. I hate seeing the current shit show of 50/50 calls etc. Influencing games. The $2m bunker still making blatantly obvious wrong calls. Nearly every post game becomes about the refs and half the time it's justified that fans are annoyed regardless of which club they support.

Mate I'll give you the red hot tip....every coach of every team in the NRL "flip flops" if they cop a pounding in the refs one week but get the rub of the green the next.

Been happening since footy started and will be the same as long as the game exists.

That's my point.

Make note that Barrett was pissed at Sat night but not so when we got a bullshit call our way. What a shocker....

blaza88z

Coach
I can only imagine how Penrith fans would carry on if this happened to them, the past 2 weeks they've lost and they've done nothing but blame refs (when really they lost because of their own inability to play Rugby League)

Manly win that game with a fair go, no question

OldPanther

Coach
I can only imagine how Penrith fans would carry on if this happened to them, the past 2 weeks they've lost and they've done nothing but blame refs (when really they lost because of their own inability to play Rugby League)

Manly win that game with a fair go, no question

Every clubs fans do and like I said half the time they're right. There is a problem with officiating.

There's no guarantee they win that without the penalties and the penalties were fair anyway. The only thing that wasn't were a couple of tries. 1 form each team.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Mate I'll give you the red hot tip....every coach of every team in the NRL "flip flops" if they cop a pounding in the refs one week but get the rub of the green the next.

Been happening since footy started and will be the same as long as the game exists.

That's my point.

Make note that Barrett was pissed at Sat night but not so when we got a bullshit call our way. What a shocker....

Never said they didn't. You're getting defencive because it's your club on this occasion, which is pretty stupid seeing as you're a top 2 team and likely to finish top 4. If it wasn't for getting dudded we'd be in the 8 or at least equal to the Eels. You're also likely to smash us in a few weeks. Anyways I wish this didn't turn into a thing, I have a lot of respect for the footy you lot are playing this year.

Last edited:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Here it is here in the Ch 9 highlights. As usual,they won't show the more damming camera angle of this no-try,so they show the least angle to judge it by.

Even by this angle,there is no way Hawaria knocks this ball on. It is knocked into the Manly player's leg,backward.
As forward as it gets. You need to go watch golf or water polo if you can't work out that ball went forward.

ACTPanthers

Bench
You bumped uglies with a Manly supporter? f**k man, that must have been a crazy time. I hope things are on the improve. Sadly I think your ex will be giving the battery operated DCE bobble head a bit of a workout tomorrow night.

Ha ha even worse was that I married it... My current partner is a Raiders fan, so it's not too bad - Although, it's apparently always the refs fault

Which leads perfectly into the current discussion... We got the win, albeit an ugly one - I can see Manly fans frustration, but they were undeniably ill-disciplined

Latest posts