What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R2 - Broncos 20-21* Cowboys @ Suncorp

Round 2: Broncos v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Geez is this the war IBM was talking about? Torn ACL, torn calf & broken wrist.

We'll see after we can assess how we wash up against the Storm at AAMI Park. It won't be easy by any stretch. The Cows though are starting to lose experience left and right. Tough year ahead probably. Thurston can't save them on his own.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Roberts is a dud. If it weren't for his speed he'd be a NSW Cup plodder. Doesn't incolve himself enough, to the Broncos' detriment.

Give me a player like Linnett who may not be as gifted an athlete but busts his gut on every run and tackle.

Pedge1971

First Grade
We'll see after we can assess how we wash up against the Storm at AAMI Park. It won't be easy by any stretch. The Cows though are starting to lose experience left and right. Tough year ahead probably. Thurston can't save them on his own.

Javed Bowen, Kalyn Ponga and Gideon Gela-Mosby say hi....

Big Pete

Referee
Another feather in the cap of JT. With Mat Scott off the field and the backline completely reshuffled to constantly involve himself and influence the play is a real testament to him. Again it's difficult to appreciate since it's at my club's expense but sometimes you've just got to sit back and applaud.

A bitter loss for the Broncos, by rights they really should have won it but some poor errors at critical moments cost them. Still plenty of positives moving forward and if they don't take the loss to heart they'll be up amongst it. Their bench in particular with Arrow, Ese'ese and Pangai Jr has impressed me so far this year and appears to be a real improvement over last year's offering.

Arrow in particular impresses me since he's one of the few Broncos who can lay on a hit. The rest of the line is very submissive, so it's refreshing to see a guy who isn't afraid to throw himself into every play full throttle.

Also while his effort on Glenn was ordinary, I really want Coen Hess in the Origin side sooner rather than later.

beave

Coach
Another feather in the cap of JT. With Mat Scott off the field and the backline completely reshuffled to constantly involve himself and influence the play is a real testament to him. Again it's difficult to appreciate since it's at my club's expense but sometimes you've just got to sit back and applaud.

A bitter loss for the Broncos, by rights they really should have won it but some poor errors at critical moments cost them. Still plenty of positives moving forward and if they don't take the loss to heart they'll be up amongst it. Their bench in particular with Arrow, Ese'ese and Pangai Jr has impressed me so far this year and appears to be a real improvement over last year's offering.

Arrow in particular impresses me since he's one of the few Broncos who can lay on a hit. The rest of the line is very submissive, so it's refreshing to see a guy who isn't afraid to throw himself into every play full throttle.

Also while his effort on Glenn was ordinary, I really want Coen Hess in the Origin side sooner rather than later.

People rag on us but we provide a pretty good level of entertainment. good to see that someone recognises this. Cheers BP.

butchmcdick

Immortal

Come now IBM

It's not like you to be bitter .....

Shorty

Staff member
Lol Most Broncs fans get more bitter with each loss, if you are playing against a premiership winning team with possibly the best player ever, surely you expect some losses.

I did with Lockyer, Langer, Hodges etc.

Milford and Hunt are still partial to folding under pressure, that's the Broncos' biggest issue.

Lebbo73

Bench
Lol Most Broncs fans get more bitter with each loss, if you are playing against a premiership winning team with possibly the best player ever, surely you expect some losses.

Milford and Hunt are still partial to folding under pressure, that's the Broncos' biggest issue.
Yes. I am becoming more bitter with each loss to the Cowboys. Especially when I don't consider them to be premiership contenders this year. The other two things that shits me is Hunt going missing at the end and the decision to kick penalty goals against them all of the time. Their defence isn't impenetrable. The Cows know that two points is worth the risk when they know they will most likely concede six. You won't beat the Cowboys without scoring tries. The Broncos defence isn't 2015 worthy and the touch football style ruck will stop defence from dominating ever again.

Jason Maher

Immortal

Imagine throwing several million dollars at one of them...

some11

Referee
Haha, Dragons just need to stock up on some cartons of confidence - he's almost as temperamental as Sandow.

El Diablo

Post Whore
does that mean you think Brisbane won the battle or war?

it's time you accepted that Brisbane can't even win a meat tray when playing the Cows

Dodgy

Juniors
My first post in months, to say that was outstanding viewing on Friday night. This matchup I think has now transcended past the typical to demographic. I'd even go as far as to say it's an "origin-lite" game.

Latest posts