What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R2 - Warriors 10-26 Storm @ Mt Smart

Round 2: Warriors v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 2
Warriors v Melbourne Storm
Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose (TICKETS)
Friday 10 March 2017

[Times NZDT] Gates 5:30pm / NYC 5:45pm / NRL 8pm

[Times AEDT] Gates 3:30pm / NYC 3:45pm / NRL 6pm

WAR-17teamlist.jpg

1. Roger Tuivasa-sheck 2. Tuimoala Lolohea 3. David Fusitua 4. Solomone Kata 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Mafoa'aeata Hingano 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Albert Vete 9. Issac Luke 10. Charlie Gubb 11. Bunty Afoa 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Simon Mannering
Interchange: 14. Erin Clark 15. Jacob Lillyman 16. Sam Lisone 17. Bodene Thompson 18. Isaiah Papalii 20. James Gavet 21. Manu Vatuvei 22. Mason Lino

MEL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. William Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Tim Glasby 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Christian Welch 15. Joe Stimson 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Young Tonumaipea 18. Brodie Croft 19. Vincent Leuluai 20. Mark Nicholls 21. Curtis Scott

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Anthony Elliott, Jason Walsh
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Jared Maxwell

U20's Round 2
Warriors v Storm at Mt Smart Stadium, Fri 3:45pm AEDT (5:45pm NZDT)

ISP Round 2
Warriors (Warriors) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Bulldogs) at Mt Smart Stadium, Sat 11am

ISC Round 2
Sunshine Coast Falcons (Storm) v Souths Logan Magpies (Broncos) at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sat 4:30pm AEST
PNG Hunters v Easts Tigers (Storm) at National Football Stadium Port Moresby, Sun 3:00pm AEST​

Last edited by a moderator:

sup42

Juniors
Warrior Ambush.

Storm robbed by home crowd, Craig enraged, Stephen looks the same with googely eyes after epic upset as he does after poor showing against brave Knights.

TheFrog

Coach
The Storm are the Warriors' bitches, are they not? Storm scored all their points in the first 5 minutes last week. I think they might have trouble with the Warriors attack.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
The fact that we struggled against the Knights in round one was a surprise to no Warriors fan, as per the damning stat that it's our first R1 win since 2009 and 5th overall in our club history (7th including 96 & 02 where R2 was our first game).
Even though it was cringeworthingly close to being just another capitulation to an unfavoured team (which is the one thing we are consistent at!), the fact we actually held it together to the end was a big step forward for this damn team hah!

We have a knack of pulling awesome performances out for the Storm on occasion so hoping this is one of those performances!!! Also a rare Friday game (at home no less!) so hope the locals turn up in numbers, I'd be there if I lived in Auckland (or wasn't too poor to travel at the moment :'( ).

The fact that we struggled against the Knights in round one was a surprise to no Warriors fan, as per the damning stat that it's our first R1 win since 2009 and 5th overall in our club history (7th including 96 & 02 where R2 was our first game).
Even though it was cringeworthingly close to being just another capitulation to an unfavoured team (which is the one thing we are consistent at!), the fact we actually held it together to the end was a big step forward for this damn team hah!

We have a knack of pulling awesome performances out for the Storm on occasion so hoping this is one of those performances!!! Also a rare Friday game (at home no less!) so hope the locals turn up in numbers, I'd be there if I lived in Auckland (or wasn't too poor to travel at the moment :'( ).

Exactly my thoughts, Warriors always seemed to upset Melbourne and then I think I recall tipping them last year only for the Storm to belt them 42-0 ... and that was the end of me backing them

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Valuable life lesson - never bet on a Warriors game, it'll never come out the way you tipped it!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Valuable life lesson - never bet on a Warriors game, it'll never come out the way you tipped it!
This is true. The one game of the season they will put a complete defensive effort is when you back overs for the game total after weeks of leaking soft tries after racing out to lads. Jerks