What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R21 Fri - Eels 28-14 Broncos @ ANZ

Round 21: Eels v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 21
Parramatta Eels v Brisbane Broncos
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Friday 28 July 2017

Gates 5:30pm / NYC 5:35pm / NRL 7:50pm (Ch9/Fox)

PAR-17teamlist2.jpg

1. Bevan French 2. Semi Radradra 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Josh Hoffman 6. Corey Norman 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Siosaia Vave 9. Cameron King 10. Tim Mannah 11. Manu Ma'u 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Daniel Alvaro 15. Kenny Edwards 16. Suaia Matagi 17. Will Smith 18. David Gower 19. Peni Terepo 20. Frank Pritchard 21. Kirisome Auva'a

BRI-17teamlist.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Jonus Pearson 3. James Roberts 4. Tautau Moga 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Korbin Sims 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh Mcguire
Interchange: 14. Sam Thaiday 15. Tevita Pangai 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Benji Marshall 18. Kodi Nikorima 19. Jai Arrow 20. Herman Essese 21. Jamayne Isaako

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Red.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sleeman, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Bernard Sutton

NYC - Fri 5:35pm at ANZ

ISP (Eels) - Wenty host Bulldogs at Ringrose, Sun 3pm

ISC (Broncos) - Ipswich host Pride (Cowboys) at North Ipswich, Sat 3pm
Redcliffe host PNG at Dolphin Oval, Sun 1:40pm
Wynnum host Easts (Storm) at BMD Kougari Oval, Sun 3pm
Norths & Souths Logan BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFrog

Coach
It's not often that TheFrog roots for the Broncos, but some things require us to swallow our pride.

In all seriousness, the Eels will need to improve dramatically on the sloppiness displayed in the last game if they want to concede under 50 and remain alive in the premiership race here.

ed-grimley

Bench
Going on form you'd have to say Brisbane. Parra can play well in both attack and defence but can't seem to do it for 80 minutes.

blaza88z

Coach
I know better than to use their game against the Tigers as the measuring stick, they'll be ready to rip in against us, I don't think it will be enough though

Vic Mackey

Referee
Parra haven't performed well against top 8 so far. Brisbane likely get Darius back whilst parra have lost their fullback. Can't see anything other then a big donkeys win.

Brisbane by 20.

GongPanther

Referee
No Gutherson for the rest of the season means they can't ride on the back of him.The question now remains is can Parra avoid to collapse like a dying star?...um,no..Broncos by 20+.

Bazal

Post Whore
Before Gutho was out I was confident. We never play well after the bye or against Wests so I wasn't too worried by yesterday. And we normally play quite well against Brisbane

But without Gutho I'm pretty sure we'll lose. It's not even the loss of the fullback, French will fill in very well and Hoffman is apparently due back on the wing so we don't lose much (although they're different styles of players, true). It's just what Gutho does for our confidence as a side, he really is one of the players who make up the heart and soul of the team.

I think our defence will hold reasonably well but we won't have the confidence Brisbane do and we'll lose by about 12

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Brisbane by 8, Roberts to be asleep for 75 minutes but still manage to bag a try from nothing

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Lost our best player for the year *sigh*...

Most teams would fire up and use it as motivation, knowing Parra as well as I do though heads will drop and we will kick stones all week go out there and get trounced.

Hopefully somehow we can snag 2 wins in the next 6 weeks but even if we do we are probably just going to be cannon fodder in the finals.

Parra Pride

Coach
Lost our best player for the year *sigh*...

Most teams would fire up and use it as motivation, knowing Parra as well as I do though heads will drop and we will kick stones all week go out there and get trounced.

Hopefully somehow we can snag 2 wins in the next 6 weeks but even if we do we are probably just going to be cannon fodder in the finals.

Mate we were cannon fodder even with Gutho.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's a shame we'll inevitably smash Parra, and that isn't facetiousness either. I'd much rather see them in the finals than Merge or Penrith. I'm confident they will still sneak in though. Do us all a favor and give the Mutts one last caning

Incorrect

Coach
Cannot see anything other than a Boncos win here... Even if we had Guth, we're too scrappy at the moment to trouble most teams in the top 8. Was hoping we might start clicking in the coming weeks but the disruption Guth's injury provides probably means we'll continue to clunk it up between now and round 26

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Shame Eels fullback got injured as it was looking like a cracker match but Broncos will get up easy unfortunately.