What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R24 Sun - Raiders 22-26 Panthers @ GIO

Round 24: Raiders v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 24
Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Sunday 20 August 2017

Gates 11:30am / NYC 11:45am (FOX) / NRL 2pm (FOX)

CAN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Jack Wighton 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Joseph Tapine 13. Elliot Whitehead
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Clay Priest 16. Dave Taylor 17. Luke Bateman 18. Michael Oldfield 19. Jeff Lima 20. Royce Hunt 21. Erin Clark

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Waqa Blake 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Sione Katoa 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawira 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Moses Leota
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Bryce Cartwright 16. Tim Browne 17. James Fisher-Harris 18. Trent Merrin 19. Dean Whare 20. Viliame Kikau 21. Mitch Rein

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Red.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

NYC - Sun 11:45am at GIO (FOX)

ISP - Mounties (Raiders) away to Newtown (Sharks) at Henson Park, Sat 3pm
Panthers host Norths (Rabbitohs) at St Marys Leagues, Sat 6pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

This Year?

Immortal
Both sides are on winning streak and this is easily the game of the round.

Canberra in a thriller.

cain3y

Juniors
Chance to end another teams finals hopes and cement our own. Panthers by a Nathan Cleary sideline conversion.

mxlegend99

Referee
In the context of the finals this is a 4 point game. Raiders lose and Panthers are almost impossible to catch. Panthers lose and Raiders are one win from passing them.

Panthers are on a 6 game winning streak. But really arent playing well at all. Raiders are in much better form. I thought Cowboys would be our toughest game. But injuries before and during the game essentially handed it to us.

Raiders could put on a huge score if Panthers dont improve.

TheFrog

Coach
I thought Cowboys would be our toughest game.
It was, so far and out of the current winning streak. They gave it everything. I think we're playing better than many give us credit for, but some work still needs to be done on the fifth tackle options and ball security. We really didn't have much ball in that first half. Once we got some possession in the second half we weren't ever losing.

This will be tougher again but I am convinced watching the Raiders over the course of the season that while they are big and strong and have skilled players, they lack fitness a bit. That's how we got them last time and that is where we have the edge again.

Last edited:

FireFalcons1

Juniors
Don't remember the last time Penrith have won 7 matches in a row, It's about time we did.
Seeing that we are in better form coming into this match, i can see us ending Canberra finals hope and possibly making a charge towards an unlikely top 4 finish.

Penrith by 8

Das Gupta

Juniors
Panthers streak due to end and I have the Raiders favourites here.Yet, it also wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders lost. They are probably due to disappoint their fans once more. They have had a habit of doing that this year.

GongPanther

Referee
Nothing like winning form although it a work in progress winning form. Imangine it,we could be almost unbeatable if we simply cut right out the dumb and stupid plays which we tend to display.Just as well our defense is as strong as it is.

We play to our mistake free potential,I honestly don't see the Raiders troubling us and we win hy a comfortable 12.

But if we start to go against the coaches game plan,and start to panic and play catchup football,it could be curtains and lose by any margin,and we'll end up saying "it's the loss we had to have".

A score of 28-16 to the Panthers.