What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R3 - Panthers 12-14 Roosters @ Pepper

Round 3: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
Decisions like that are what's slowly turning fans away imo. Imagine being a family spending $150-$200 to see your team play to get ripped off by a dud call like that

Decisions like that are what's slowly turning fans away imo. Imagine being a family spending $150-$200 to see your team play to get ripped off by a dud call like that

In the end the way I look at it is that if a forward pass is ruled, we don't go full on trying to score but the roosters do. they would have had probably another 3 or 4 sets afterwards to score so who knows they could have scored then anyway seeing they would have been behind and desperate. unfortunately we'll never know

Tommy Smith

Referee
Peace could get MOTM every game leading up to origin, score 50 tries and I still wouldn't pick him for NSW

9 series losses for him is enough to tell me he isn't an origin player
NSW have a lot of non Origin players then.

I'm not saying I would pick him, but he well and truly isn't alone in that list.

Gallen and Bird presumably aren't Origin players too. Or Farah and Watmough. Luke Lewis.

They've all probably been involved in more lost series than Pearce.

Which isn't as many as 9 btw lol

Tommy Smith

Referee
Btw the butthurt has to stop guys.

It's time to move on.

3 trys to 1 suggests that the better team clearly won.

Anyway despite the marginally forward pass no one told Moylan that he had to plod it up and let Gordon waltz over.

mxlegend99

Referee
A week after Broncos scored to send a game to golden point from a forward pass. You would think they would be trying to do their jobs a bit better for a few weeks atleast.

That touchie should be drug tested. Missing Tupou with both feet on the line was one of the worst calls of the season. Not from an outcome on the game perspective. Just because you have to be blind not to see it.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
To sum up. Roosters won with a forward pass (as admitted by the ref boss) in front of a Panthers home crowd. No penalty. Good luck next week Roosters. The refs will be sure to prove they aren't giving you favours.
Hope this is true cause we'll need a bit of help to get passed them
Peace could get MOTM every game leading up to origin, score 50 tries and I still wouldn't pick him for NSW

9 series losses for him is enough to tell me he isn't an origin player
what I find funny is that if qld had 2-3 series losses with the same halfback he'd have been discarded into oblivion. 9! Well that's brilliant
yep looks pretty clear cut here
if this is legit than fair to say a few touchies will be cooling their heels in lowers grades for a few weeks.

mxlegend99

Referee
NSW have a lot of non Origin players then.

I'm not saying I would pick him, but he well and truly isn't alone in that list.

Gallen and Bird presumably aren't Origin players too. Or Farah and Watmough. Luke Lewis.

They've all probably been involved in more lost series than Pearce.

Which isn't as many as 9 btw lol
They have been in winning series. Pearce hasn't.

We won with Hodkinson and Reynolds FFS. Pearce is not up to Origin. No matter how good he is at club level. He has had more than enough chances and never proven he belongs.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The most egregious call was Merrin playing the ball sideways and both refs ignoring it.

"There's gotta be an investigation!"

Tommy Smith

Referee
They have been in winning series. Pearce hasn't.

We won with Hodkinson and Reynolds FFS. Pearce is not up to Origin. No matter how good he is at club level. He has had more than enough chances and never proven he belongs.
"Series" is plural, implying more than one.

Only Lewis has won more than one series of that group and that's because he had the fortune in playing in teams led by legends like Freddy and Joey.

You'll also note that I said they shouldn't pick Pearce.

But when people blame Pearce as if its purely his fault that he couldn't beat teams led by 3 or 4 future Immortals is laughable.

mxlegend99

Referee
Btw the butthurt has to stop guys.

It's time to move on.

3 trys to 1 suggests that the better team clearly won.

Anyway despite the marginally forward pass no one told Moylan that he had to plod it up and let Gordon waltz over.
The mstch winning try was from an illegal pass. Ofcourse fans will be pissed off. Nothing marginal about that pass. Well over a meter forward as the image shows.

If they call that Panthers are still leading and it's 2 tries to 1. Still not an ideal way to win based on penalty goals. But that doesn't matter. That try should have been called back for the pass. A missed tackle after it shouldn't matter.

If the situation were reversed I can't see Roosters fans being happy about it. Or any teams fans.

Clifferd

Coach

Only Lewis has won more than one series of that group and that's because he had the fortune in playing in teams led by legends like Freddy and Joey.

But when people blame Pearce as if its purely his fault that he couldn't beat teams led by 3 or 4 future Immortals is laughable.

Wasn't there an origin decider with Maloney and Pearce as halves and Pearce literally missed 4 or 5 field goal sitters

mxlegend99

Referee

I'm not blaming Pearce. But if he hasnt proven himself capable yet. I don't think he ever can.

I dont care who it is if they lead us to victory. Pearce is obviously better then Reynolds and Hodkinson. Yet they handled the pressure better then him. I would take Pearce at club level over them for sure.

Call it biased. But I think the next series we win will be with Cleary at 7. Unless Cronk/Thurston get injured before then.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Cleary is a couple of years away.

I like NSW chances a lot this year with Maloney/Moylan (if they go that way); especially with Inglis and Scott out.