What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R3 - Storm 14-12 Broncos @ AAMI

Round 3: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 3
Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Thursday 16 March 2017

Gates 7:00pm / NRL 8:05pm

MEL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. William Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Tim Glasby 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Christian Welch 15. Joe Stimson 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Vincent Leuluai 18. Mark Nicholls 19. Young Tonumaipea 20. Ryley Jacks 21. Jesse Bromwich

BRI-17teamlist.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. James Roberts 4. Tautau Moga 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Korbin Sims 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh Mcguire
Interchange: 14. Alex Glenn 15. Tevita Pangai 16. Herman Essese 17. Jai Arrow 18. Benji Marshall 19. George Fai 20. David Mead 21. Jonus Pearson

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

U20s Round 3
Storm v Broncos at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sat 2:45pm AEST

ISC Round 3 times AEST (QLD)
Northern Pride (Cowboys) v Sunshine Coast Falcons (Storm) at Barlow Park, Sat 5:30pm
Easts Tigers (Storm) v Redcliffe Dolphins (Broncos) at Suzuki Stadium, Langlands Park, Sat 6pm
Tweed Heads Seagulls (Titans) v Wynnum Manly Seagulls (Broncos) at Ron Stark Oval, Sun 12:40pm (Ch 9)
Souths Logan Magpies (Broncos) v PNG Hunters at Davies Park, Sun 2:05pm
Norths Devils (Broncos) v Ipswich Jets (Broncos) at Bishop Park, Sun 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

moffla

Bench
Finally a home game.

Hopefully Broncos are a bit cooked after last weeks battle. 18-10 storm

blaza88z

Coach
Storm win this one, we're going to struggle to beat top 4 sides if our halves can't show composure when the game is on the line

Hutty1986

Immortal
Foxsports running a story that Slater will be back for this one. Storm have been their clinical selves the first two weeks against sides who executed pretty poorly. Always hard to beat down there, Storm in a tight one i think

TheFrog

Coach
The Broncos won this game in rather suspicious circumstances late last season. It was the only time all year a full strength Storm played like a bunch of pot plants. The Broncos are in almost as much need of this win but I doubt the Storm will be bearing any free gifts this early in the piece.

chrisD

Coach
Broncos only turn up to get narrowly beaten by the Cows, they're mentally fragile and Melbourne will grind, chicken wing and crusher them to dust.

Bronco18

Juniors
The Broncos won this game in rather suspicious circumstances late last season. It was the only time all year a full strength Storm played like a bunch of pot plants. The Broncos are in almost as much need of this win but I doubt the Storm will be bearing any free gifts this early in the piece.

Yeah bro, the Storm threw the game (Y)

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Broncos will win comfortably. Storm have taken a step backwards with Slater slotting straight in with no match fitness, and Munster moving to 5/8th.

That puts them in a trial mode of sorts. Throw in one of the weakest Storm packs we have seen in a while and Broncos should have them covered. I think Storm will take a few weeks to adjust to Slater coming back and Munster learning 5/8th.

I feel like Slater is going to be out of sync with Smith and Cronk. His timing slightly out. His fitness wont be what it was in the first game. His confidence wint be there yet.

some11

Referee
Broncos have won the last two down there, which is a hell of a lot better strike rate than losing their last six straight at Suncorp against the Storm.

moffla

Bench
I think Broncos will win comfortably. Storm have taken a step backwards with Slater slotting straight in with no match fitness, and Munster moving to 5/8th.

That puts them in a trial mode of sorts. Throw in one of the weakest Storm packs we have seen in a while and Broncos should have them covered. I think Storm will take a few weeks to adjust to Slater coming back and Munster learning 5/8th.

I feel like Slater is going to be out of sync with Smith and Cronk. His timing slightly out. His fitness wont be what it was in the first game. His confidence wint be there yet.

I'm a little apprehensive about Billy's return but I still think he'll come out and prove a lot of people wrong.
Match fitness is obviously and issue though, I'm hoping he'll be running of adrenaline!

If he gets himself and early try or assist his confidence will be given a major boost, too

Latest posts