What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R3 - Storm 14-12 Broncos @ AAMI

Round 3: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad the Storm won last night as, especially in the second half, a few Broncos players seemed determined to be complete grubs.

Shorty

Staff member
How do you manage to come into a thread gloating and still get your jimmies massively rustled?
What jimmies? Myself and several other posters corrected the jab, Johns_Reds continued to meltdown.
It's sweet you felt the need to defend your fellow poster though.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What jimmies? Myself and several other posters corrected the jab, Johns_Reds continued to meltdown.
It's sweet you felt the need to defend your fellow poster though.
What defence? My comment was all about you snowflake. You got so riled up you had to call someone a dick. I was pointing out my astonishment at how easily you lose your shit.

Shorty

Staff member
What defence? My comment was all about you snowflake. You got so riled up you had to call someone a dick. I was pointing out my astonishment at how easily you lose your shit.
Keep trying to make fetch happen, Frank.
Just calling a spade,a spade.

some11

Referee
Fair comment, since he got the kicking duties full time he's only averaged over 80% a season once.

Parker-esque.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't get the Storm are "boring" shit. Their attack is beautiful to watch. Their defence is head and shoulders above any other team. It's not boring at all

It's a misconception purported by the media, specifically Gus and those involved at Channel 9.

It was based on Melbourne's defend first mentality and supported by the roles Cameron Munster and Blake Green filled in the side. While Munster is a flashy player, he doesn't have the same understanding that Billy has of Cooper and Cameron's game, thus the Storm's playbook wasn't as expansive as it once was.

Fast forward to Thursday night and while it was rusty, Melbourne's attack asked plenty of questions of the Broncos defence and in the end, the Broncos were fortunate that Melbourne failed to execute at critical moments.

What I like about the Storm's attack is their ability to play high-tempo football. Their outside backs do a wonderful job of earning quick play the balls, giving guys like Jesse Bromwich, Jordan McLean and Nelson Asofa-Solomona time to wind up and get an offload away to spark something.

If Melbourne are able to get their best 17 on the park, fit and firing by the finals, they're going to be very hard to stop.