What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R5 Sat - Storm 28-6 Panthers @ AAMI

Round 5: Storm v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 5
Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Saturday 1 April 2017

Gates 6:30pm / NRL 7:30pm

MEL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Young Tonumaipea 3. William Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Christian Welch 15. Tim Glasby 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Joe Stimson 18. Mark Nicholls 19. Tui Kamikamica 20. Jeremy Hawkins 21. Suliasi Vunivalu

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Matt Moylan 2. Dean Whare 3. Waqa Blake 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Peter Wallace 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawira 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Peta Hiku 15. Leilani Latu 16. Viliame Kikau 17. Sitaleki Akauola 18. Moses Leota 19. Tim Browne 20. Sione Katoa 21. James Fisher-Harris

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein, Dave Munro
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Jason Walsh
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

U20s Round 5
Storm v Panthers at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sat 3:45pm (2:45pm QLD local)

ISC QLD Round 5 Sat times QLD local, Sun times all AEST
Townsville (Cowboys) v Easts (Storm) at Jack Manski, Sat 4pm
Sunshine Coast (Storm) v Wynnum (Broncos) at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sat 4:30pm

ISP NSW Round 5
Panthers v Bulldogs at St Marys, Sat 6pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
If Bryce doesn't play I think our defence is good enough here to give it a serious go. We of course have not won at AAMI Park ever IIRC and it is another milestone game with Smith overtaking someone or another for something which always spells trouble but I really hope we can build on last week's performance. Our attack inside the 20 is a concern but if our defence holds strong I think we have a shot. Penrith by 7

Panther91-03

Juniors
Looking forward to this one even though the storm are the side that we can't beat on their turf since 2005. I feel we can finally break that curse

Panthers by 2

Clifferd

Coach
Penrith won on the weekend so that means this coming weekend they lose

Inconsistency to continue by them and storm to win easily 20+

TheFrog

Coach
Panthers chasing their 500th win in premiership matches here.

Storm a tough assignment in Melbourne, especially for us.

A win, however, would really kickstart our season.

betcats

Referee
Penrith won on the weekend so that means this coming weekend they lose

Inconsistency to continue by them and storm to win easily 20+

If Melbourne play like they did against your rabble we will win comfortably. We've had 3 good performances in a row now, the inconsistency you wish was there hasn't been. We just played 2 f**king shit teams and flogged them(keeping them tryless) and 1 good team and lost by 2.

Clifferd

Coach
If Melbourne play like they did against your rabble we will win comfortably. We've had 3 good performances in a row now, the inconsistency you wish was there hasn't been. We just played 2 f**king shit teams and flogged them(keeping them tryless) and 1 good team and lost by 2.

Lel looks like someone doesn't like having their team tipped against

Have a cool down little boy

FireFalcons1

Juniors
This is the game of the round, I think this is going to be very close; However i think Penrith is finally due for a win down at AAMI park.

Penrith by 2

chrisD

Coach
We win. We need it and Melbourne will be down after that come back win this week, they won't play as bad as they did in the first half but won't have their usual application.

Clifferd

Coach
tru

0:45

Games nsw have won with moylan at fullback 0/2

Games nsw have won with lord Teddy at fullback 1/1

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I don't think so, they were back to their best in the 2nd half with a well deserved kick up the ass by Bellamy

They were ordinary in the 1st half though, true

moffla

Bench
Terrible performance usually means a fired up storm the next week.

Panthers probably need the win more for a bit of confidence so it'll be a cracker. We'll be too good though, storm by 6

GongPanther

Referee
A game that will be fircely fought in the forward battle. I still think we are a little inexperience against a side as far as the halves combination is concerned,although Cleary made his first grade debut last year against Melbourne and played well.

The likes of TMM,Viliame Kikau concern me as far as big time match experience is concerned. TMM had a good game last week against a side that was always up against it. But his inexperience will show in this match if picked.

And I hope coach Griffin puts Whare back in the centre pairing. We'll be needing him to stifle the big and mobile Storm backline with either Peachy or Blake on the wing.

It'll be one of those two-way scorelines that either we win by a field goal,or Storm win by 6-10.

I'm tipping us to be really primed and prepared for this match,especially after the great defensive effort V Easts a fortnight ago.

Us by 1.