What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R6 Fri - Panthers 20-21 Rabbitohs @ Pepper

Round 6: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 6
Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Pepper Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Friday 7 April 2017

Gates 5:30pm / NYC 5:35pm / NRL 7:50pm

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Michael Oldfield 3. Dean Whare 4. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Peter Wallace 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawira 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Moses Leota 15. Leilani Latu 16. Viliame Kikau 17. Sitaleki Akauola 18. Sione Katoa 19. Tyrone May 20. Samisoni Langi 21. Mitch Rein

SOU-17teamlist.jpg

1. Alex Johnston 2. Braidon Burns 3. Siosifa Talakai 4. Robert Jennings 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Kyle Turner 11. John Sutton 12. Angus Crichton 13. Sam Burgess
Interchange: 14. Robbie Farah 15. Jason Clark 16. Zane Musgrove 17. Anthony Cherrington 18. George Burgess 19. Robbie Rochow 20. Cameron Murray 21. Tyrell Fuimaono

REF-2017-YELLOW.png

Referees: Ben Cummins, Dave Munro
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

NYC Round 6
Panthers v Rabbitohs at Pepper Stadium, Friday 5:35pm

ISP NSW Round 6
Canterbury v North Sydney (Rabbitohs) at Belmore, Sat 3pm
Penrith v Newcastle at St Marys Leagues, Sat 5pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
JFH, Cartwright and Akauola should be back. Leota makes way for Akauola, Cartwright starts for CHN and then you would hope that James Fisher-Harris takes Hiku's spot on the bench. Surely Griffin doesn't drop Kikau. Likelihood though is that none of this will be known until game day. Only fear I have in regards to Souths is Cody Walker's speed and the fact that for some reason we are $1.25 favourites. Penrith by 8

Clifferd

Coach
JFH, Cartwright and Akauola should be back. Leota makes way for Akauola, Cartwright starts for CHN and then you would hope that James Fisher-Harris takes Hiku's spot on the bench. Surely Griffin doesn't drop Kikau. Likelihood though is that none of this will be known until game day. Only fear I have in regards to Souths is Cody Walker's speed and the fact that for some reason we are $1.25 favourites. Penrith by 8

I think you're a bit generous with that score prediction. Should be atleast 80+ against this rabble

Seriously though, Penrith will fire and rack up a score imo

TheFrog

Coach
The Frozen Oak machine is a certain starter, JFH probable and Cartwright maybe, thats my understanding. For both sides this approaches must-win status. It's a fair way back from 2 and 4.

This season is shaping up as another 2014 for the Riff. It wasn't until round 10 that the WLWL cycle was broken that year.

I think you're a bit generous with that score prediction. Should be atleast 80+ against this rabble

Seriously though, Penrith will fire and rack up a score imo

I don't mind Souths forward pack or halves. Their back line is bog average though in comparison to ours.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Well, we've gone LWLWL so far so we should win this one... Theoretically anyway

All Souths need to do is defend well and we'll struggle to score points

I'm still tipping Panthers, but only by 2 points

yobbo84

First Grade
I don't mind Souths forward pack or halves. Their back line is bog average though in comparison to ours.
Yep. We've more than held our own the last 2 weeks against 2 very good packs. Our forwards will do the job. Peachey and co should have some fun on the edges though. The only way I see us winning is if we completely dominate in the forwards but I think Penrith's pack is too good to let that happen.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Playing at home on a Friday Night against quite a beatable opposition. No excuses and we can't afford to be losing or top 4 starts to look rather unlikely.