What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R6 Fri - Panthers 20-21 Rabbitohs @ Pepper

Round 6: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Souths MoM to Latu,with special mentions to Moylan & Co for making this game as close as it shouldn't have been.

Would have wiped the floor with this mob with last weeks team. But no,we have to follow some mythical code of conduct which I'm sure all of the other 15 teams would have enacted....not.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Too many players with a poor attitude at Penrith. For example Tamou has been ordinary as I feared.

I already highly doubt the top 4 and if they lose again next week, then I'm tipping them to miss the 8, in a repeat of 2015.

I enjoyed the game...and yes we won, but it was entertaining. Three games this weekend thus far have been entertaining. Great product. Go to a game.

snickers007

Juniors
Why is it a penalty? He did nothing wrong. He chased a kick and tried to catch it. Both perfectly legal actions.

Contact on other players while doing so is legal. He was penalised for contesting a kick.

You can't impede a player without the ball. Johnston did not have the ball. Latu cleaned him up. Thus, penalty.

Life's Good

Coach
Contesting a kick is legal... you can make contact if youre trying to make a legitimate contest of it. He didnt tackle him without the ball.

He was penalised for contesting it.
Risky play. Surprised Cleary didn't target Burn on the kick or even take the line on Ok it was the last but Souths wouldn't have been expecting it. He will learn.

Munted

Bench
He was on the bench for the last ten

It's where you want your forward leaders when the pressure is on
Precisely.
Leave to the under 20s to pull it out of their arse, or try to anyway.
Still scratching my head at the Tamou signing.
Dudes a merkin.

mxlegend99

Referee
You can't impede a player without the ball. Johnston did not have the ball. Latu cleaned him up. Thus, penalty.
Players collide without the ball all the time and when contesting a kick it's never a penalty unless you tackle the player without the ball.

Players attempting to contest the ball are allowed to do so. Latu scored earlier in the year contestimg a kick. He was legitimately trying to do so... and was penalised for it.

footy75

Bench
Dropping that game at home coming off a loss is a massive f**k up if your'e serious about top 4

Life's Good

Coach
Players collide without the ball all the time and when contesting a kick it's never a penalty unless you tackle the player without the ball.

Players attempting to contest the ball are allowed to do so. Latu scored earlier in the year contestimg a kick. He was legitimately trying to do so... and was penalised for it.
Dude the game was lost earlier. Stop torturing yourself and have a good old LOL@souffs to make you feel better.

GongPanther

Referee
Too many players with a poor attitude at Penrith. For example Tamou has been ordinary as I feared.

I already highly doubt the top 4 and if they lose again next week, then I'm tipping them to miss the 8, in a repeat of 2015.

We were 0-8.Coming back to even the scores at 20 a piece shows one and all that attitude was not lacking.

Experience yes,but not attitude. The experience the players picked up in this game will be valuable during SOO.

But hey,congrats to Souths,3 wins so far this season.

Finals bound for Souths? Not likely.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Roosters 2014:
2 wins 4 losses after 6 rounds.
Finished Minor Prem.

Roosters 2015:
3 wins 5 losses after 8 rounds.
Finished Minor Prem.

Long looooong way to go yet. Penrith will still make the top 4, injuries permitting. I'm very confident of that.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The last two times we were rated a premiership chance at the start of a season were 2005 and 2015 and in those seasons we finished 10th and 11th respectively. Now they've already lost games to teams like the Dragons and Rabbitohs which most people have tipped to miss the 8.

Some of the youngsters played well but there wasn't enough urgency out there from the more experienced men. The culture at first grade level is still not what it needs to be to be a top side, they just expect to get the job done on their talent and flair but it doesn't work that way. They'll finish between 5 and 8 at best and with continued injuries probably between 9-11.

GongPanther

Referee
Roosters 2014:
2 wins 4 losses after 6 rounds.
Finished Minor Prem.

Roosters 2015:
3 wins 5 losses after 8 rounds.
Finished Minor Prem.

Long looooong way to go yet. Penrith will still make the top 4, injuries permitting. I'm very confident of that.

There is no way we get into the top 4. Our problems started with Mansour getting injured. From then on,it's been a season dotted with one issue after another.

snickers007

Juniors

His intent is irrelevant.

The rules apply to matters of fact. The fact is: Johnston did not have the football. Latu has no right to stop him getting to the ball.

Your interpretation of what happened is nowhere stated in the rulebook. Mine is. Page 23. Correct call.