What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R9 - Dragons 22-34 Storm @ WIN

Round 9: Dragons v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Shield

Juniors
Vaughn had ball stripped, no penalty and Storm score that set.
JDB 'drops' ball and Storm score that set.
Frizzell 'hits' winger 'high', he stays down and gets a penalty, Storm score that set

There's another early on in the first half, but forgot what it was.

Might have been McCrone 'crowding' the PTB, they get penalty and score that set.
Vaughn - loose carry, lost it. Correct call
JDB knock on. Terrible call I agree
Blair got hit high, not by frizell tho it was the other player. Just have to look at him to see, he nose was busted up. Correct call.

McCrone ran behind his teammate and kicked forcing a line drop out - should of been a penalty.
Dragons knocked on called a knock on against Chambers - terrible call

Jason Maher

Immortal
We're a much improved side this year. Last year's team probably would have lost that game 60-0.

The key thing out of that match though is just how good and how polished the Storm are. Having three all time greats playing together for a decade certainly helps, but more important is Bellamy. He melds that out and out class with a mix of quality players (e.g. Bromwich, Chambers, Munster) and honest toilers and journeymen who he always gets to play out of their skin and work as part of a well-oiled machine. I hate the merkins with every fibre of my being, but even I can't help but admire what Bellamy has built and rebuilt.

wibble

Bench
I don't think so. They'll get the Sharks home as well for the GF rematch/back2back angle. It's almost WWE at this point how contrived it all is.

Yeah, the NRL have a cunning plan to penalise the Sharks more than any other team (by some margin), to help them make the GF :rolleyes:

carcharias

Immortal
Cronk sin bin was wrong
The dude was about to put the ball down
as that arm hadn't touched the ground

Had he scored
Who knows what shit they would've come up with.

This Year?

Immortal
I was so disgusted by our poor defence that after the Slater try early in the 2nd half and after the massive purple gobfest by the channel 9 commentators I just had to turn it off.

By the time we had any decent ball we were down 22-0. Credit to the Storm, they exposed all of our flaws and took full advantage We were completely outclassed.

Whatever bold hope I dared entertain of this side getting a premiership in 2017 got dashed today. We simply don't have the toughness or the smarts to make any damage come finals time. When things get tough we crumble with really poor defence and become penalty magnets.

This Year?

Immortal
We're a much improved side this year. Last year's team probably would have lost that game 60-0.

The key thing out of that match though is just how good and how polished the Storm are. Having three all time greats playing together for a decade certainly helps, but more important is Bellamy. He melds that out and out class with a mix of quality players (e.g. Bromwich, Chambers, Munster) and honest toilers and journeymen who he always gets to play out of their skin and work as part of a well-oiled machine. I hate the merkins with every fibre of my being, but even I can't help but admire what Bellamy has built and rebuilt.

I can't. I hate the merkins whether they are coming 1st or last or anywhere in between. When their fall from grace comes I will be one of the first to jeer them and wish their club would just f**k off and die.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Scoreline flattened the drags in the end.storm were a 30+ point better team

Every time a team makes an error or concedes a penalty, the Storm just punish them. It is ridiculous how consistent and well-drilled they are. Having said that, we reverted back to Dragons footy once we conceded those first couple of tries, and the Bomaderry Swamp Rats under 7's would beat us when we play that scintillating brand of shit.

Clifferd

Coach
Every time a team makes an error or concedes a penalty, the Storm just punish them. It is ridiculous how consistent and well-drilled they are. Having said that, we reverted back to Dragons footy once we conceded those first couple of tries, and the Bomaderry Swamp Rats under 7's would beat us when we play that scintillating brand of shit.

Hahahh love that name, yeah o think it was just more outcoached then outclassed. Bellamy came up with a game plan to target all your weaknesses which was shown (down that Aitken and McDonald side) gee it was horrendous

I think you'll start to see coaches sending a lot more traffic down that way up against saints

moffla

Bench
Hate talking my own team up, but we are that far ahead of the comp right now...

In saying that, a few teams are yet to hit their stride

moffla

Bench
Melbourne I assume

Awkward how Sharks beat them down in Melbourne quite convincingly only a few weeks ago

I'd say Sharks are still the bench mark

Even though it's been ugly they've still been winning

I did say a few teams are yet to hit their stride, which includes sharks.

Clifferd

Coach
I did say a few teams are yet to hit their stride, which includes sharks.

Yeah I get what you're saying, Melbourne have peaked where as teams like sharks, Brisbane, raiders, roosters etc will probably get a roll on towards the end of the season

Always happens

STORM.99/07

Bench
Yeah I get what you're saying, Melbourne have peaked where as teams like sharks, Brisbane, raiders, roosters etc will probably get a roll on towards the end of the season

Always happens
I wouldn`t go as far as saying Storm have peaked. We haven`t played well in the last 5 weeks