What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - A - W3 - ENG 36-6 FRA @ Perth

Result: ENG v FRA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

TL-ENG18.png

1. Gareth Widdop 2. Stefan Ratchford 3. Mark Percival 4. John Bateman 5. Jermaine McGillvary 6. Kevin Brown 7. Luke Gale 8. Chris Hill 9. James Roby 10. James Graham 11. Ben Currie 12. Mike McMeeken 13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Alex Walmsley 15. Thomas Burgess 16. Scott Taylor 17. George Williams
18. Ryan Hall 19. Elliot Whitehead 20. Chris Heighington 21. Kallum Watkins

TL-FRA18.png

1. Mark Kheirallah 2. Fouad Yaha 3. Bastien Ader 4. Damien Cardace 5. Ilias Bergal 6. Theo Fages 7. Lucas Albert 8. Antoni Maria 9. John Boudebza 10. Julian Bousquet 11. Benjamin Garcia 12. Benjamin Jullien 13. Jason Baitieri

14. Romain Navarrete 15. Thibault Margalet 16. Maxime Herold 17. Remy Marginet
18. Olivier Arnoud 19. Mickael Rouch 20. Nabil Djalout 23. Lambert Belmas

Match Officials
Referees: Phil Bentham
Sideline Officials: Chris Kendall, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton​

English Rose

Juniors
Our coach has picked Ratchford on the wing. Now I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he has never played a Super League game in that position!

English Rose

Juniors
By the quarter finals I hope to see the following team:

Widdop
McGilvery
Watkins
Percival
Hall
Williams
Gale
Sam Burgess
Hodgson
Graham
Bateman
Whitehead
O'Loughlin

Roby
Walmsley
Tom Burgess
Hill/Taylor

I don't think Ratchford or Lomax are anyway near international standard so that's why I would move Widdop to full back. It is his natural position as he played all his junior footy there. This allows us to play 2 halves that are a bit different in Williams who is the runner and Gale who is the organiser. Also I think Widdop will offer more in attack than Lomax/Ratchford from full back.

Time to stop playing Bateman at centre, he is a quality back rower and an average centre so let's stop this experiment and actually play the 2 natural centres in our squad at centre!

Heighington and Brown shouldn't be in the squad let alone in our best 17!

I quite like Currie and McMeekan but I feel the other forwards I have selected will offer a bit more.

roughyedspud

Coach
I'd be more than happy if Bennett gets sacked now..I mean right now! Its a absolute disgrace what he's done to the England team!

roughyedspud

Coach
Oohh I'm sorry I forgot I selected the frigging refs!

Tony archer is obviously setting England up by giving us a couple of English refs in the group games so when it comes to the finals he can force australia refs on us again.. you watch

roughyedspud

Coach
The whole natural ref thing has never been about England having English refs it's always been australia insisting on Australia refs...first game of this world cup saw a Aussie reffing Australia v England! Mark my words! When it comes to Australia v England in the semi's or final a Aussie will be blowing the pea in the middle!

Springs09

Juniors
The whole natural ref thing has never been about England having English refs it's always been australia insisting on Australia refs...first game of this world cup saw a Aussie reffing Australia v England! Mark my words! When it comes to Australia v England in the semi's or final a Aussie will be blowing the pea in the middle!

Oh right so it's only bias if we do it. Last year Hicks reffed both England v NZ and England v Australia.

mozza91

Coach
We don't need an Aussie ref to beat your rabble. We have a bunch of players out and we still shit on your mob from a great height.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't understand the thought of partisan referees? Like these referees deal with these players domestically and probably hold them in contempt already so they're hardly gonna favour them.

Billythekid

First Grade
I hope I live to see the day when the French aren't a disappointment in league. Maybe a second side in the ESL will see them improve for the next World Cup. I haven't been impressed by the English but it's hard to see France troubling them much.

This Year?

Immortal
France will have a another dig but sadly the big English pack will roll over them like everyone else has this tournament.

Golden point

Juniors
FRANCE UPSET THE ENGLISH!

France with everything to play for and inspired by the Tongan boil over have upset the English to force their way into the playoffs!

Shoot me down but I'm sensing an upset.