What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - B - W2 - SAM 18-32 TON @ Hamilton

Result: SAM v TON

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
Haters gonna hate but this has been the best spectacle, best crowd, best entertainment and most impassioned and physical game of the World Cup so far despite Tonga being in front throughout.

This matchup has to be promoted as at least an annual "event" game. The potential for growth is huge.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This matchup has to be promoted as at least an annual "event" game. The potential for growth is huge.
Yups - a three game series in NZ and Au during Origin series with all test players from NZ, Eng, Au, Tonga and Samoa available outside those playing Origin. Maori and Aboriginal are more teams if a mini comp is on the cards.

Last edited:

stormbati

Bench
All the talk about Fifita and Taumalolo most have forgotten about Jennings.
Has been great all year and now Tonga's biggest threat.
Hingano got better as the game went on but Lolohea wasn't very good.
Tonga's go forward is impressive and should make it through to the final 4. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Final.

taste2taste

Juniors
Yups - a three game series in NZ and Au during Origin series with all test players from NZ, Eng, Au, Tonga and Samoa available outside those playing Origin. Maori and Aboriginal are more teams if a mini comp is on the cards.

Why not have a Pacific Cup over Origin with Fiji, Sam, Tonga and NZ ?
Actually , I know why that wont ever happen, because our game is run by inward thinking morons.
The only way our game ever grows is through private investors like Perez or the guy that set up the Auckland nines.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Why not have a Pacific Cup over Origin with Fiji, Sam, Tonga and NZ ?
Actually , I know why that wont ever happen, because our game is run by inward thinking morons.
The only way our game ever grows is through private investors like Perez or the guy that set up the Auckland nines.
Fiji do not have the Antipodean population to fill crowds and make it a spectacle. I believe Maori, Aboriginal, Tongan and Samoan populations in NZ and Aus do.

NZ involvement would ruin what could be a hard fought contest year in year out and ruin the spectacle by dominance. Alternatively, NZ may lose its Tongan and Samoan players making the 4 nations a cake walk for Straya - like the Anzac test is. Further - the Warriors would oppose it vigourously.

So I'm not keen on these 2 teams.

Tonga and Samoa with all test players from NZ and Aus or Maori and Aboriginal - with all test players from NZ and Aus.

These are good competitive teams that will get good crowd and fan support during Origin.

Latest posts