What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - B - W3 - NZL 22-28 TON @ Hamilton

Result: NZL v TON

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iafeta

Referee
Lucky us. I'd rather he actually makes something of this and continues to commit to Tonga. They've got a tremendous opportunity to do something with Tongan Rugby League, I would much rather that be the outcome.

It's great we had a fantastic test. I'd like to see more of it. I'd like to see crowds like that in big stadiums opposing Origin. It would be great to see individual agendas put aside for the growth of the game. This could be a massive turning point for international league, but personally I think it needs them to continue to commit and for the various boards to look at the bigger picture.

Just my two cents. Make something great out of this.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Lucky us. I'd rather he actually makes something of this and continues to commit to Tonga. They've got a tremendous opportunity to do something with Tongan Rugby League, I would much rather that be the outcome.

It's great we had a fantastic test. I'd like to see more of it. I'd like to see crowds like that in big stadiums opposing Origin. It would be great to see individual agendas put aside for the growth of the game. This could be a massive turning point for international league, but personally I think it needs them to continue to commit and for the various boards to look at the bigger picture.

Just my two cents. Make something great out of this.

Yeah - I've long thought there is far greater opportunities in both rugby and league with regards Samoan, Tongan and Maori players, teams, and games. I'd keep NZRL - as a test team - out of it and keep players like Taumalolo outside of World Cups. NZRL has to try n keep ARL in check in between World Cups for the legitimacy, competitiveness and fans of the international game.

The Tongan (and Samoan) crowds in NZ this year have really confirmed these opportunities. I hope that the suits of both codes are watching with both eyes open .

Last edited:
ahhhh

why exactly ?
Id think thats exactly what they wanted
they'd never of thought they'd get it , but now they do

Mt Smart will sellout regardless with 30K there & have an atmosphere unrivalled even with no NZ side playing
It will be a sea of red.

Suncorp could push 40K
with the final a week early ... well sorta lol

this is just what this tournament needed
Nah you said it was crap.

I gave my opinion as to why most australians aren't into it
not me
most australians
& judging by the crowd in Cairns & with no one by the looks of it at Allianz , as per usual... im dead right : )

id suggest you don't take things to heart so much lol
I didn't. Just reminding you of your dodgy attitude to the competition.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I didn't. Just reminding you of your dodgy attitude to the competition.

dodgey attitude lol

if cry babies in the crowd thread like you asking questions as to why most people in this country aren't attending games being answered honestly by people like me with infinitely more insight then ... well... you
is considered having a dodgey attitude
then so be it : )

T to the T

Juniors
RL is a drug, just as you are getting bored, it drags you back in with something like that. What a game.
g6m0rhy.gif

Evil Homer

Staff member
dodgey attitude lol

if cry babies in the crowd thread like you asking questions as to why most people in this country aren't attending games being answered honestly by people like me with infinitely more insight then ... well... you
is considered having a dodgey attitude
then so be it : )
It's ok, Australia won't have the World Cup again for a very long time so you don't need to worry about it.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Simon Manerining is all class. Talking at the press conference how he walked off smiling because that's what international rugby league is about. He talked about how the Kiwis now have a competitive and profitable nation on their door step that he hopes more games are organised. Pretty sure he said it was one of the best crowds he has ever played in front of.

Golden point

Juniors
Simon Manerining is all class. Talking at the press conference how he walked off smiling because that's what international rugby league is about. He talked about how the Kiwis now have a competitive and profitable nation on their door step that he hopes more games are organised. Pretty sure he said it was one of the best crowds he has ever played in front of.
Good man.

Raiderdave

First Grade
It's ok, Australia won't have the World Cup again for a very long time so you don't need to worry about it.
i hadn't given it a 2nd thought
i knew it would be like this , but stating theres an issue with the international game in Australia attracts much feet stamping & nashing of teeth lol

Evil Homer

Staff member
i hadn't given it a 2nd thought
i knew it would be like this , but stating theres an issue with the international game in Australia attracts much feet stamping & nashing of teeth lol
No there's just an issue with Aussie fans not showing up to games period which is why Toronto Wolfpack in the English 3rd tier have been getting bigger crowds than some NRL matches. TV ratings are great despite a lack of promotion so I don't think there's any issue with the international game.

Raiderdave

First Grade
No there's just an issue with Aussie fans not showing up to games period which is why Toronto Wolfpack in the English 3rd tier have been getting bigger crowds than some NRL matches. TV ratings are great despite a lack of promotion so I don't think there's any issue with the international game.

eh
a wet Thursday night watching 2 suburbs play is not a comparison for mine when talking about a world cup that we haven't seen here for 9 years & no one wanting to attend that
so yeah
there is a problem in this country with international RL

Latest posts