What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - C/D - W3 - PNG 64-0 USA @ Port Moresby

Result: PNG v USA

• USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why on earth isn't next weeks game in Port Moresby?

Seriously organisers- a full house in PNG or 7k in Melbourne...

Stallion

First Grade
Why on earth isn't next weeks game in Port Moresby?

Seriously organisers- a full house in PNG or 7k in Melbourne...

Some poor scheduling going on! A lack of business acumen being displayed by the organisers of this world cup. Despite this it will be a great success.

Front-Rower

First Grade
This USA side would be lucky to compete in local B grade. Fancy having to pay anymore money than that to the value of a pie and coke to watch them play.

The Partisan

The USA are an embarrassment. Good value for the crowd, though.

Well if we base embarrassment on having forty plus put on you then in the last twenty years NZ, England, and France have all been an embarrassment.

PNG copped some pumpings over the years as well !

USARL is a work in progress. It will take a generation before we see results that reverse todays situation.

Seem to remember Melbourne Storm getting belted 40 - 0 in the 2008 NRL GF and NSW putting 50 odd between them and Qld early 2000's. Big scores happen in all levels of the sport.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Seem to remember Melbourne Storm getting belted 40 - 0 in the 2008 NRL GF and NSW putting 50 odd between them and Qld early 2000's. Big scores happen in all levels of the sport.

Lol

It’s not the fact they are getting pumped it’s the fact their skill levels are through the floor, piss poor or non existent

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Honestly that was the worst I have ever seen an international side play in rugby or league.

The basic skill level was below probably our local level on my home town here in NZ and we only have 6 teams.

Honestly....what does this do for USA rugby league in all seriousness?

Edit: Dick move from organisers to send them to PNG

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Honestly that was the worst I have ever seen an international side play in rugby or league.

The basic skill level was below probably our local level on my home town here in NZ and we only have 6 teams.

Honestly....what does this do for USA rugby league in all seriousness?

Suggest you use union or league in your comments.Its a blowout scoreline however this is the first ever USA squad with mostly home grown Americans playing. I recall a world cup where the Kangaroos flogged South Africa by 80 points. The next few days the South African rugby league was deluged with thousands of young South Africans wanting to play rugby league. The South African rugby union threatened a ban on these players wanting to join rugby league.
Cut the USA some slack. Hopefully things may be different in 4 years time. Pretty sure things like what happened in South Africa won't apply in North America!

Last edited:

The Partisan

Lol

It’s not the fact they are getting pumped it’s the fact their skill levels are through the floor, piss poor or non existent
So was this case when when Australian beat NZ and England by 50 ? Or PNG ? Sure, i'm disappointed in the USA performance and think the skill level for some of their NSW /Qld Cup level players was below par ......but they got to the Cup fair and square through the qualifying process. If we want the game to grow globally ....we have to expect beltings between teams of differing levels and standards.