What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - C - W3 - WAL 6-34 IRE @ Perth

Result: WAL v IRE

• Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

TL-WAL18.png

1. Elliot Kear 2. Rhys Williams 3. Michael Channing 4. Christiaan Roets 5. Regan Grace 6. Courtney Davies 7. Danny Ansell 8. Craig Kopczak 9. Steve Parry 10. Phil Joseph 11. Rhodri Lloyd 12. Joe Burke 13. Morgan Knowles

14. Matty Fozard 15. Matthew Barron 16. Ben Evans 17. Dalton Grant
18. Josh Ralph 19. Ben Morris 20. Gavin Bennion 21. Andrew Gay

TL-IRE18.png

1. Scott Grix 2. Shannon Mcdonell 3. Ed Chamberlain 4. Api Pewhairangi 5. Liam Kay 6. Joe Keyes 7. Liam Finn 8. Anthony Mullally 9. Michael McIlorum 10. Kyle Amor 11. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 12. Will Hope 13. Brad Singleton

14. George King 15. Matty Hadden 16. Joe Philbin 17. Oliver Roberts
18. James Hasson 19. Tyrone McCarthy 20. Casey Dunne 21. Jack Higginson

Match Officials
Referees: Ben Thaler
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Scott Mikalauskas
Video Referees: Robert Hicks​

Rory

Juniors
This might be abit closer than exprected, its all about how bad wales want it

Evil Homer

Staff member
Final career match for Wales #10 Phil Joseph, a 14 year veteran with 12 different clubs, be nice to see him go out with a bit of pride.

The Partisan

Final career match for Wales #10 Phil Joseph, a 14 year veteran with 12 different clubs, be nice to see him go out with a bit of pride.

Hopeful that Wales will draw inspiration from their Celtic cousins Scotland and dig in. As Ireland won't progress with a win anyway ....I'd be happy to see any result here....win, lose or draw for the Irish...as long as it is a competitive and crowd appealing game. Every Home nation team getting at least a draw would be a result i'd be happy with. Congrats to Phil Joseph as well for his service to Wales and the code.

TheFrog

Coach
Nothing against Wales, but I'm hoping Ireland hit triple figures in this one, just to show the organisers what a dud format they've run with, where a team can win 2/3 and miss the cut, whereas a team winning 0/3 can make it.

This rivals the 1997 World Club Challenge, where a team (named below) won all 6 of its games and missed the playoffs.

Clifferd

Coach
Nothing against Wales, but I'm hoping Ireland hit triple figures in this one, just to show the organisers what a dud format they've run with, where a team can win 2/3 and miss the cut, whereas a team winning 0/3 can make it.

This rivals the 1997 World Club Challenge, where a team (named below) won all 6 of its games and missed the playoffs.

Yep absolute bullshit

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah I feel Ireland are unlucky not to make the quarters as we probably wouldve expected them to win only this game.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors

Why so a heritage based side can smash a country that is actually developing their own talent??

The Partisan

The move to 16 teams in the next world cup will see the end of this nonsense

I'm sure the addition of 2 extra teams will be a bonus for the code and Cup. Of course, it will provide more opportunities for potential blowouts which to some are apparently the death nell for those countries trying to get the game going in there part of the world. :rolleyes:

Rory

Juniors
Why so a heritage based side can smash a country that is actually developing their own talent??

dont see samoa developing. Ireland have 5 irish born players in there squad, and another got signed to coventry a couple days ago, Irelands domestic scene starting to affect.

Latest posts