What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - D - W2 - ITA 46-0 USA @ Townsville

Result: ITA v USA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

TL-ITA18.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Mason Cerruto 3. Justin Castellaro 4. Nathan Milone 5. Josh Mantellato
6. Terry Campese 7. Ryan Ghietti
8. Paul Vaughan 9. Joey Tramontana 10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Joel Riethmuller 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Nathan Brown

14. Chris Centrone 15. Brendan Santi 16. Shannon Wakeman 17. Jayden Walker
18. Gavin Hiscox 19. Richard Lepori 20. Christophe Calegri 21. Joel Celerino

TL-USA18.png

1. Corey Makelim 2. Ryan Burroughs 3. Junior Vaivai 4. Jonathan Alley 5. Bureta Faraimo
6. Kristian Freed 7. Tui Samoa
8. Eddy Pettybourne 9. David Marando 10. Mark Offerdahl
11. Danny Howard 12. Matt Shipway 13. Nicholas Newlin

14. Sam Tochterman-talbott 15. Fotukava Malu 16. Steve Howard 17. Gabriel Farley
18. Charles Joseph Cortalano 19. Joe Eichner 20. David Ulch 21. Joshua Rice

Match Officials
Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: James Child & Adam Gee
Video Referee: Robert Hicks​

Rory

Juniors
I reckon, i reckon, i reckon. Smokey Game. Italy obviously have Johns out, im kinda hoping Campese stays out for this game (but comes back for fiji) so Italy have no halves. Italy lacked direction all game against Ireland, and a mass of errors 10 meters out from the own try line proved its hard for them to score. If no Campo, hopefully USA and just try and match Italy. If i've noticed anything, USA run hard and tackle hard, Italys worse nightmare. If USA can pluck a full strength team, i reckon they'll come close.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hard to see Italy's NRL stars playing like dogshit 2 weeks in a row. They'll improve and win fairly comfortably, but the Hawks will show a better account of themselves and make the Azzuri work for it.

ed-grimley

Bench
I think this will be an entertaining game. If the Italian players get to know each other this week they should get up.

hutch

First Grade
Why would they bring the Italian union player (Mirco) over here and not play him?

adamkungl

Immortal
Does anyone think with already poor form and issues with teammates brawling that Italy could shit the bed here?
Would love to see the USA get a win up and lets be honest they won't get within 50 of PNG next week

grouch

First Grade
With Campese in, they will hopefully have a bit of direction and structure, because they were rudderless last week. Just lobbing it to Tedesco isn't even going to beat the USA, especially when his own teammates want him smashed

expansionist

Juniors
Italy can get in the sea.

They respond to a piss poor game with ... sticking with the same forwards and outside backs.

FFS i hoped after that smacking they may actually use Bergamesco... but nup. A team selected by accent.

adamkungl

Immortal
TV viewers, this game is being broadcast delayed at 9.30pm, straight after Fiji v Wales.
If you want to watch this instead check out the 7Live app or website.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Italy by 14
I'd love to put a 1 in front of that. Trouble is it won't happen. I'll go for 54 instead.

The worry is that if the US has its own national competition, they'll call it the World Series or the World Cup or something egocentric.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Well done to the winner who decided to play this game at the same time as the PNG vs Ireland game...

Just flicked over and saw it at 28-0 now i won't watch at all....

Latest posts