What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Lol on the whole Fifita thing, it’s not his nation he’s an Australian born and bred indeginous australian Tongan who has so much love for Tonga that only a few months ago he walked out on them at the last minute. Why is everyone forgetting that he actually did that? He has two nations and he has turned his back on both of them in the space of six months.

Probably because no one really cared about international footy before this World Cup.

There is a possibility that Fifita didn't actually enjoy being apart of the Australian team. Maybe he originally wanted to be apart of them as they are the most successful team in international rugby league. Why must he be crucified for switching nations when ultimately he is making the World Cup much more enjoyable? Same as Taumololo.

Pommy

Coach
Probably because no one really cared about international footy before this World Cup.

There is a possibility that Fifita didn't actually enjoy being apart of the Australian team. Maybe he originally wanted to be apart of them as they are the most successful team in international rugby league. Why must he be crucified for switching nations when ultimately he is making the World Cup much more enjoyable? Same as Taumololo.

Doesn’t need to be crucified but he doesn’t need smoke blowing up his arse for his love of Tonga either.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm hoping Sammy and Tom have a big game this week. Ditto Gagai.

I'm also hoping England win but tbh Australia are the deserved winners of this competition. Once again just too strong for the opposition.

I'm going Australia 32 England 16

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm shocked no one has mentioned O'loughlin is out so Sam is captaining now and is playing at lock.....

In the middle where he belongs.......

That's where he's best with the occasional run a bit wider....

callmack1

Staff member
Hope I'm wrong but I feel that this could be a boil over tonight. Just can't see England going with Aus but I really hope I'm wrong.

Still looking forward to it though.

callmack1

Staff member
Well, I did not expect that, what a game! It was actually close and really good to watch. It was very physical and both teams were throwing it around a bit.

England could have won. They had so many opportunities but the execution just wasn't there and they just couldn't take the chance. Australia's defence was brilliant though no doubt.

I feel that England's halves let them down tonight.

Sam was brilliant, he was on a friggin mission all night, really targeting Cronk and doing a heck of a lot of brilliant work. Tom was playing really well until that last stint and Gagai was great too.

Congrats to Australia. They deserve it 100% and it was alway theirs to lose. They have been the best by a mile so congrats to them on winning the WC.

I'm just glad we got the quality final this WC deserves.

Travitoh

First Grade
Tom Burgess is getting roasted on twitter. Poor guy. Actually had a decent game apart from the dropped balls.

Fair enough too i believe. It's when and where he dropped the ball. Both times it was after England had just gotten a penalty and were looking to launch an attack at their line.
Their halves aren't good. Had no idea and last tackle options were poor.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Fair enough too i believe. It's when and where he dropped the ball. Both times it was after England had just gotten a penalty and were looking to launch an attack at their line.
Their halves aren't good. Had no idea and last tackle options were poor.

I agree but i thought he was a real workhorse apart from the dropped balls. I thought englands forwards were really matching Australia's intensity though. As you say the weakness is in their halves. There has to be better halves than that in England because there's really potential for them to be the best nation in the world.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Englands halves let them down. I really would have persisted with George Williams if I was Wayne Bennett. He has quality written all over him and he's still only 22.

Gale at least tried hard but there was absolutely nothing from Kevin Brown. Also thought Jonny Lomax off the bench was an odd decision.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Well done England,very gutsy performance,Sam a true professional in everything he done.
Thomas also played well,but I can understand him being bagged for his errors,imagine what he would cop if he was wearing the red & green and dished that up in a final.
Gagai has matured marvellously this year into a all round player, big times ahead in 2018!

Thadius

Juniors
Great WC final, quality stuff. Two best sides by a country mile.

But Tom it doesn't matter how good you play for 70mins pal, if those dreadful hands of yours cause your side crucial loss of momentum in the final ten minutes, all the good stuff before is a sheer memory. Your errors were paramount.

You and George have got to find some super glue fast. Opposing forwards just know you two so well and those hands will cost Souths more victories in 2018.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haven't watched the game back yet but heard Tom had 2 crucial errors.....

He and George must cut it out otherwise they'll continue to be roasted......