What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Rookie Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
This auction draft should be over early next week the way it is going. Once that is complete I will set up the 4-round rookie draft.

The rookie draft will start on Tuesday 13th June at 9pm.
  • There is a 24 hour clock for each pick which may be adjusted to move the draft along.
  • Owners are encouraged to use the “My Draft List” tool on the league site to ensure a pick is not missed.
  • If no player is selected manually or from the owner's My Draft List, the pick will be skipped until the owner posts a message on the LU forum indicating the player he wishes to select from the players still available.
  • Once this post is made the player is considered to have been drafted and no other owner should select that player. The commissioner will manually add the player to the roster of the team whose pick has been skipped.
  • The salary of the player will correspond with the original draft slot.
Rookie salaries are as follows for each draft slot:

1. $20,000
2. $18,000
3. $16.000
4. $14,000
5. $12,000
6. $10,000
7. $8,000
8. $6.000
9. $5,000
10. $4,000
11. $3,000
12. $2,000

The salary of second, third and fourth round picks is $1000, all these players are eligible for your development squad.
  • All rookies will receive a 4 year contract.
  • First round rookie picks also come with a 5th year option. For tracking purposes, this will be noted on the league site by all first round picks receiving a contract year value of 4.5.
  • The 5th year option must be taken up in the 5th year before tags/DS designations/renegotiations take place.
Once all this is done, we'll get into free agency.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Auction is done.

Rookie draft has been set up, settings as above.

Next Tuesday at 9pm.

24 hour clock.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The 4-round rookie draft starts tonight at 9pm.

24 hour clock which does not switch off overnight. This can change if things are moving too slowly, but we have plenty of time so hopefully we won't have to do that.

Make use of the pre-draft list if you're going to be away.

If you miss your pick, the draft continues. You will need to pick a player from the available pool and post that in this thread ASAP. The cost of that player is the same as if you made a pick in your original slot.

If you miss picks in consecutive rounds, I will place you on auto draft.

Draft order
1. @abpanther
2. @md384
3. @skeepe
4. @kurt faulk
5. @nick87
6. @Mjp81
7. @zombie jesus
8. @Tom155
9. @legend
10. @Electricityscape
11. @Sans Souci Sainter
12. @AusKnightRKO

First round picks are all 4 year contracts with a 5th year option at the respective salary.
2nd and 3rd rounders all $1000, 4 year deals; at the end of the draft you'll have the opportunity to drop 2 of those guys to your development squad.

Mjp81

Juniors
Another silly question (sorry fellas). But does the clock start immediately after the pick or does the clock run out the full 24hrs until the next person is on the clock?

abpanther

Staff member
Surprised I haven't received any offers for 1.01, I'm willing to trade back a couple of spots if anyone is interested

nick87

Coach
I'm pretty bloody happy to get joe Mixon here, was expecting to have to take Corey Davis with the top 4 going RB

skeepe

Immortal
I'm pretty bloody happy to get joe Mixon here, was expecting to have to take Corey Davis with the top 4 going RB
You say that like taking Davis is a bad thing. I reckon he's going to be a star.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
You say that like taking Davis is a bad thing. I reckon he's going to be a star.
Yeah I think he'll be awesome too, but I've got Bryant, thomas, Diggs and now Maclin
Little over invested in WR had i been forced to take Davis.

I've got only fat Eddie and Jono Stewart at RB. I was desperate for one of the 4 rbs to be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts