What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Rugby League World Cup

Crush

Coach
Perhaps you're having a 'senior moment'. The rugby league world cup has been around since 1954. Hardly Mickey Mouse.

Nb. Mickey Mouse - that's a character who originated from the USA, who incidentally used mostly local USA players for their squad this tournament. Good word suggests a pro team based in New York is poised to be announced, to join the pro team based in Toronto, Canada.

Anyway, I digress. Australia didn't do a thing wrong tonight. How good is Slater
If only it were not a forgone conclusion that Australia will win the world cup. I personally would like to see Tonga win it. But they won't. Australia will cruise to victory every game to claim the cup.
They were $1.01 tonight. I dare say in the final vs England or Tonga they will be about $1.10.
Shame.

ouryear

Juniors
If only it were not a forgone conclusion that Australia will win the world cup. I personally would like to see Tonga win it. But they won't. Australia will cruise to victory every game to claim the cup.
They were $1.01 tonight. I dare say in the final vs England or Tonga they will be about $1.10.
Shame.

England has soccer and rugby union as their more important games.

NZ has union where they generally smash us

The Pacific island teams are all developing.

League is played by a few people in a few countries.

grouch

First Grade
The game needs to grow and for the emerging nations the RLWC and the qualifying rules are their best chance. (Incidentally after the amazing Tonga v NZ result i noticed Matt Giteau tweeted that he thinks RU should copy the qualifying rules). Thankfully there are people working to make this growth happen and they are blessed with more vision and foresight than the kind of insular dullards who think AFL is a decent sport.

Can't wait for today's matches! Hopefully Tonga have their heads screwed on and can take on England in the semis

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
We have currently 40% of the nrl players are islander or NZ decent.
We need to keep nurturing these countries.
I can assure you that at junior level there are similar percentages if not higher.
Without the islanders coming though the St george junior league would be going backwards.
The world cup is no different than say the rugby union world cup.
Where only a few team can win.
In rugby only NZ, aussies and England and south Africa only once, are the only teams that have ever one it.
Yes we need to learn from AFL marketing of there game at club level.
Ehere everyone is a member weather they go to games or not.
But I think that by having PNG is the q cup and hopefully Figi is a great thing.
I have been to PNG and all they want to do is talk eat and sleep league.
Imo

Drag Queen

Bench
We have currently 40% of the nrl players are islander or NZ decent.
We need to keep nurturing these countries.
I can assure you that at junior level there are similar percentages if not higher.
Without the islanders coming though the St george junior league would be going backwards.
The world cup is no different than say the rugby union world cup.
Where only a few team can win.
In rugby only NZ, aussies and England and south Africa only once, are the only teams that have ever one it.
Yes we need to learn from AFL marketing of there game at club level.
Ehere everyone is a member weather they go to games or not.
But I think that by having PNG is the q cup and hopefully Figi is a great thing.
I have been to PNG and all they want to do is talk eat and sleep league.
Imo
We live for it, being NRL or Rugby Union... Love it fullstop. PS Well done Fiji and particularly Taane Milne. We didn't get the best out of you but you showed us wrong. Good luck with the Tigers mate. Our loss.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Watching NZ under Kearney like watching St GI under Mc Gregor absolutely clueless and like a mob of grazing sheep.
A little bit of individual skill but "team work" and "game-plan" non existent.
Kearney, Kidwell, Mc Gregor what a trifecta of brain dead hopeless coaches and you have to wonder how they hold down their jobs.
If you wanted to make it a top 4 throw in Laurie Daley but at least he finally got sacked.
No upgrades in coaching ranks amongst that lot.

Old Timer

Coach
Watching NZ under Kearney like watching St GI under Mc Gregor absolutely clueless and like a mob of grazing sheep.
Kearney, Kidwell, Mc Gregor what a trifecta of brain dead hopeless coaches and you have to wonder how they hold down their jobs.
If you wanted to make it a top 4 throw in Laurie Daley but at least he finally got sacked.

My mistake so before the pedants get in
"Kidwell"

Crush

Coach
You must have enjoyed watching the Hayne Plane in action? I know he is one of your favourite players....

dragonssamy61

First Grade
We live for it, being NRL or Rugby Union... Love it fullstop. PS Well done Fiji and particularly Taane Milne. We didn't get the best out of you but you showed us wrong. Good luck with the Tigers mate. Our loss.

He will go well with cleary as coach.
We will miss him more than packer

Crush

Coach
Another one to join the list of players that moved on due to inept coaching from Price and McGregor.
Milne has always been capable of the odd good game. Lets see if he can play a whole season as a starting NRL center before we start saying we have let go a champion.

Latest posts