What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Rugby League World Cup

ouryear

Juniors
I'm with CC on this one. For every good thing Widdop did tonight, he balanced it by doing something stupid.
I agree too,
Imagine JT VS WIDDOP.
What a mismatch.
Master VS Boy
But I wouldn't put Mann there,
Just wish we had a proper 5/8

Widdop reminds me of Josh McCrone

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
The World Cup lowlight so far was the TV commentary team. Very ordinary and I practically needed an interpreter to translate Adrian Morley!

red rocket

Juniors
The World Cup lowlight so far was the TV commentary team. Very ordinary and I practically needed an interpreter to translate Adrian Morley!
James graham was the best forward on the ground he will be great for us thought widdop combined well with him can't believe the negative comments being thrown at Gaz he made a couple of errors when chasing points late in the game but for most of the game he was the best half on the field I see sunny days ahead for the mighty dragons

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree graham played well.
Pity wamsley didn't play.
Looking forward to seeing png play and especially tonga and samoa.
Agree re commentary team was terrible.
Even worse than channel nine.

ouryear

Juniors
James graham was the best forward on the ground he will be great for us thought widdop combined well with him can't believe the negative comments being thrown at Gaz he made a couple of errors when chasing points late in the game but for most of the game he was the best half on the field I see sunny days ahead for the mighty dragons
The strange thing is that all teams Widdop plays for, always seem to be chasing points.

Why is that?

Let's see how he performs now he has a half to play with. I truly want him to finally show us what he can do, but I got to say, I am not confident he can.

Crush

Coach
The strange thing is that all teams Widdop plays for, always seem to be chasing points.

Why is that?

Let's see how he performs now he has a half to play with. I truly want him to finally show us what he can do, but I got to say, I am not confident he can.
I think he proved in the first half of this years competition that he can be a very damaging player. Yes he is not without his issues. I think he has games where he is just out of ideas and his 5th tackle options can be poor.
With Hunt playing 7 next year I think it will take the heat off Widdop and allow him to run more. I think Widdop will have a very big year 2018.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Widdop made errors during the first half too. Wayward passes, pointless kicks. On the plus side I thought he defended really well.

ouryear

Juniors
I think he proved in the first half of this years competition that he can be a very damaging player. Yes he is not without his issues. I think he has games where he is just out of ideas and his 5th tackle options can be poor.
With Hunt playing 7 next year I think it will take the heat off Widdop and allow him to run more. I think Widdop will have a very big year 2018.

Hope so mate.
And Benny Hunt takes on the kicking game and James Graham leads us as our unofficial Captain......

Bit ridiculous that we are taking all responsibilities off Widdop so he can do what?

Smells the same of how we took everything off Mary..... so he could do what?

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Agree mate I think with Hunt guiding the team around Widdop won't have to make so many last play options on his own , or having to control all our play's ....

ouryear

Juniors
Yep and cronk and morgan both made errors as well.

I agree with the earlier post that he was the best half on the field last night.

All the halves were average, including widdop. Cronk struggled, if rorters sign him, it will only fast forward their fall.

The young and exciting halves are the guys to watch, sure cronk has been clinical.... But never ever exciting.

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Yep and cronk and morgan both made errors as well.

I agree with the earlier post that he was the best half on the field last night.

Cronk and Morgan don't play for the Dragons. I don't care that much if they make a mistake. Whenever I see Widdop make an error though, I see us losing another game.

I'm not sure where to rank Widdop in the halves. His best was pretty good but then he also made errors at crucial times which really helped Australia. Cronk was surprisingly lacklustre. I'm glad we're not paying big money for him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So Widdop was the best half on the park yesterday.
A lot of you forget he last played almost 2 months ago so if course he was rusty add to that to play along side a half back hes probably had no experience with and of course there would be mistakes.
Widdops biggest problem is trying too hard at the wrong time especially when things arent going well. Hunt will go a long way to helping his game particularly once they understand each others game.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Wow. Some harsh critics on all players. 1st real game in nearly 2 months for some so was always going to some mistakes, poor decisions and a forward orientated game. The scoreline highlighted this. But, no matter how small the mistake, there will always be those few who are hypercritical of a players performance regardless of mitigating factors and and the fact that it was trend with several players in similar positions.

ouryear

Juniors
Wow. Some harsh critics on all players. 1st real game in nearly 2 months for some so was always going to some mistakes, poor decisions and a forward orientated game. The scoreline highlighted this. But, no matter how small the mistake, there will always be those few who are hypercritical of a players performance regardless of mitigating factors and and the fact that it was trend with several players in similar positions.
Come on, it's not that hard.

You catch the ball and either run at the line.... or use the ball and pass it to runners either side of you, close or far.

Widdop makes it look hard, same as Mary makes coaching look hard.

It's always been hard for him, versus South's, versus knights, vs bulldogs,
vs canberra......our season was on the line and he gave us nothing.

That's my opinion, I am entitled to say it.

Shit I wish we had a hard nose smart number 6.

Latest posts