What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 scheduling

beagle

Juniors
I might be way off the mark here, but I thought one game per timeslot because of the bunker? I can just imagine two simultaneous bunker reviews at different games being played at the same time.

LineBall

Juniors
You're using the NFL as your basis. That won't work here and won't last in the NFL in the long term.

If Parra is hosting a game that doesn't sell out, there is no way that they could delay broadcast for just Parramatta and not Penrith. Think.
Of course not. As I said earlier - I would hope they would schedule games for the same time slot in different cities. So if there was a game on at Parra at 2:00 pm on the Sunday afternoon, then hopefully the other 2:00 pm game could be played in Brisbane, or Melbourne etc. Wouldn't it then be more feasible to broadcast different matches live into different markets? Nine used to do this for their two Friday night matches.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My understanding is we'll have

Thu 7:50
Fri 6:00
Fri 8:05
Sat 3:00
Sat 5:30
Sat 7:30
Sun 2:00
Sun 4:00

AJB1102

First Grade
There should never be 2 games played at the same time, and I doubt there ever will be again. No one pays for delays.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I struggle to see how the friday 6pm game is anything more than an experiment and it surely couldnt last longer than its first year. It almost looks like a deliberate attempt to piss off fans and degrade the games ratings and attendance.

Most people won't be able to attend and many more won't be able to watch on tv. I fall into both categories. Stupid stupid stupid

Arnold

Juniors
I reckon the Warriors should get the 6pm time slot every time they play at home

It will be 8pm there and let's face it there isn't a lot of TV demand for them here.

You know it makes sense.

LineBall

Juniors
There should never be 2 games played at the same time, and I doubt there ever will be again. No one pays for delays.

Why not? In the EPL and NFL I doubt you can watch every game live. Who has the time to do that anyway? I struggle to find the time to watch more than 1 whole game live over the weekend.

flippikat

Bench

It will be 8pm there and let's face it there isn't a lot of TV demand for them here.

You know it makes sense.

Yep, just makes sense.

On weekends where the Warriors aren't playing at home, we might see some of the Aussie clubs move *their* 6pm Friday home games to New Zealand. (Other locations like Wellington, Hamilton, Christchurch, or that great indoor stadium in Dunedin)

Could be a boost for fans over here that want to go to an NRL game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Red button option for two games at same time. How do afl coverage manage it, they have nine games non on on a Monday or Thursday, what's their tv coverage?

There's an idea, each team to take their warriors game to a city in NZ. Game in NZ time zone every week and spreads the game in NZ.

Add in Perth and Adelaide for the time difference opportunites and you could start to schedule a full live round without dumb fan unfriendly days

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If they do an anz / brookvale 6pm game we will see games draw in the 3,000 range...

Perth reds idea is good, put all games on in NZ, be it Warriors, home or away games..

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If they do an anz / brookvale 6pm game we will see games draw in the 3,000 range...

Perth reds idea is good, put all games on in NZ, be it Warriors, home or away games..
take it from a league tragic living on the outskirts of auckland, a decent night timeslot for a game would be awesome, the 9.50pm kickoffs take their toll on thursday/monday night footy if you need to get up at stupid clock for work

Pommy

Coach
Why not? In the EPL and NFL I doubt you can watch every game live. Who has the time to do that anyway? I struggle to find the time to watch more than 1 whole game live over the weekend.

In the UK it is currently illegal to show a 3pm Saturday game or even a full delayed broadcast of a 3pm game. Yet they still managed to negotiate a TV deal that doesn't f**k over the fans.

Valheru

Coach

Here is a thought, how about just broadcast them at the same time. Fox Sports do have more than 1 channel. It seems to work for the AFL.

You know it makes sense.

Thing is in a 26 round competition, the Warriors only have 12 home games. What do you do for the other 14 rounds? This is where your suggestion falls down,

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fri 6pm (game in NZ 8pm kick off every week)
Fri 8pm

Sat 2pm
Sat4pm
Sat6pm
Sat 8pm (if and when a Brisbane and Perth team are admitted alternative with sun 6pm for Perth home games. This would be be Broncos or brisbane2 regular time slot)

Sun 2pm
Sun 4pm
Sun 6pm (WA 4pm Ko of pirates home games upon expansion)
Still not perfect but damn site more fan friendly

Arnold

Juniors
Thing is in a 26 round competition, the Warriors only have 12 home games. What do you do for the other 14 rounds? This is where your suggestion falls down,
Actually if you read my post again you will notice I have said when they play at home.

Latest posts