What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Fri - Broncos 13-6 Panthers @ Suncorp

Finals Week 2: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Bear

Referee
Cleary was ok. Gotta remember May went off injured and Wallace got a ball to the head early in the game. In those situations he didn't have a lot of support from that point. Add to it that Moylan is MIA and Cartwright played fairly poorly when he replaced May, I think Cleary can be excused for having a tough night.
He ran a bit too sideways. Got straighten the play up better than what happened.

Tough when you're the only decent kicking option, brisbane just had to go for him and it would influence whether there was a good end to the set or not. Having said that I thought Cleary got caught before the last tackle a few times which was poor game management.

He's got a very big future ahead of him and matches like last probably help identify what needs to be worked on long term. I guess regardles fo whether its Moylan or May he'll have better support next season, Moylan would be better though.

The_Shield

Juniors
Melbourne will win it off penalties. No chance the NRL don't gift them another premiership, especially now that the AFL have been cleaning their clocks with crowd attendance.
Penalties conceded
Storm - 183
Broncos - 149

Sin Bins
Storm - 7
Broncos - 2

Tries scored
Melbourne - 115
Brisbane - 109

Tries conceded
Storm - 60
Broncos - 81

Line breaks
Storm - 144
Broncos - 117

Try assists
Storm - 88
Broncos - 71

Errors
Storm - 247
Broncos - 260

Missed tackles
Storm - 728
Broncos - 830

Now please tell us all again why Melbourne win because of penalties

Pantherjim.

Referee
When all is said and done, the better side on the night won. Fair credit to the Broncos, their defence was outstanding.

I sincerely hope they beat the Storm scum next week, but alas I fear...

GongPanther

Referee
Congrats to the Broncos.They were the better side with their great defense.So good luck for next week,although don't know how they will cope after such a brutal match and with their injury toll,it might be a big ask especially when the Storm have that all important two week break.

At times,our big match inexperience and impatience with some poor handling let us down.

OldPanther

Coach
Glad too end these wankers season.

Lot of grit shown from my team, proud of them.
Congrats to the Broncos.They were the better side with their great defense.So good luck for next week,although don't know how they will cope after such a brutal match and with their injury toll,it might be a big ask especially when the Storm have that all important two week break.

At times,our big match inexperience and impatience with some poor handling let us down.

Yeah they earned their spot with good attitude in defence. We also suck as Girdler has said, sort of.

___

Juniors
I know this was 60+ hours ago but why didn't Milford go off for HIA seeing as his head clashes with Oates?

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah they earned their spot with good attitude in defence. We also suck as Girdler has said, sort of.
Screw Girds.What I saw,was that on the field,we weren't good enough to get over the line.We were cutdown in last moments by great defence.In fact,if anything to our favour,I think Penrith did not get enough credit for that effort in losing by only 7.

RCG could have gone over earlier,Katoa late in the game.Meh,just wasn't mean't to be.

Latest posts