What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Squad

Tigerm

First Grade
Luke Brooks out of tomorrow night with a shoulder injury

Jacob Liddle will miss both trials & is hopeful to be fit for round 1

Paseska will play next week

Ballin is confident he'll play round 1

Gee injuries already before a ball is kicked lol

Just Taylor getting the excuses ready:D

Tiger Ted

Bench
Luke Brooks out of tomorrow night with a shoulder injury

Jacob Liddle will miss both trials & is hopeful to be fit for round 1

Paseska will play next week

Ballin is confident he'll play round 1

Gee injuries already before a ball is kicked lol
Cross fingers Ballin can get through the season unscathed as his experience will b invaluable this season.

Just an update to see where our depth is coming from, looking at the ISP NSWRL site they have the reserve grade squad for 2017, hopefully there is someone there who can step up when needed .

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/0...premiership-nsw_nswrl-clubs_wests_tigers.html

Wests Tigers
Ins: Elijah Taylor (mid-season, Penrith Panthers), Jamal Idris, Matt McIlwrick (Cronulla Sharks/Newtown Jets), Jack Siejka (Wyong Roos), Christian Yassmin (Rugby Union), Darcy Cox (Manly Sea Eagles), Ash Nisbet (Cronulla-Sutherland), Eli Roberts, Rhys Armstrong (Manly Sea Eagles), Andrew Kazzi, Daniel Rakvin

Outs: Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm), Jack Buchanan (Widnes Vikings), Josh Drinkwater (released), Asipeli Fine (mid-season, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Lamar Liolevave (mid-season, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Jesse Parahi (Rugby Sevens), Manaia Cherrington (Cronulla Sharks/Newtown Jets), Robbie Farah (South Sydney Rabbitohs/North Sydney Bears), Curtis Sironen (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Dene Halatau (retired), Tyler Cassel (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Dallas Graham (released), Chance Peni (Rugby Union), Manaia Rudolph (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Andrew Fiagatusa (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Rod Griffin (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ash nisbet and Rhys Armstrong were both highly rated Australian schoolboys who haven't kicked in for whatever reason (AN behind a strong pack at cronulla and RA injuries).

Hopefully they can both kick on in new colours.

Tiger Ted

Bench
U can just see that bludger Sironen suddenly rolling up his sleeves & playing with intensity (ALA Blair for Broncos) for the scum from the northern beaches !!

Clifferd

Coach
U can just see that bludger Sironen suddenly rolling up his sleeves & playing with intensity (ALA Blair for Broncos) for the scum from the northern beaches !!

Yep f**king pisses me off. But then again it's probs more to do with our coach

Early pre season form sironen looks like a good fit for Manly and looks like he'll be getting a starting 2nd row position too

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's f**king long overdue that this club toughens up & employs ruthlessness & cunning in how it does business otherwise we will continue to b in the doldrums & just making up the numbers.The poor work ethic & lack of grit & nous of the employees (in particular the players & coaching staff) & total lack of accountability is diabolical !

I've looked @ the rosters of our competitors for this season & if we deadset finish higher than 13th it will b a miracle !

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So if Simona leaves/gets a big suspension we will be royally f**ked for depth in the backline.

Nofoaluma has apparently been training at Simona's centre position since the news of his alleged betting on games broke. Seems the club knew but did nothing (hence why they were so keen to let him go talk to the Titans).

This club is showing a complete lack of discipline and we haven't even started the season yet.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
So if Simona leaves/gets a big suspension we will be royally f**ked for depth in the backline.

Nofoaluma has apparently been training at Simona's centre position since the news of his alleged betting on games broke. Seems the club knew but did nothing (hence why they were so keen to let him go talk to the Titans).

This club is showing a complete lack of discipline and we haven't even started the season yet.
The club must have known what was going on with both Lovett and Simona as they shopped them around before the news broke...Its not a coincidence.

BuffaloRules

Coach
With the loss of Simona looking imminent, that 17 that took the field against Souffs looks close to our best I think.....

Perhaps arguments can be made for Liddle and Felise and I'm not completely sold on Naqaima yet as starting center for the rest of the season...

Let's hope those 19 players can keep fit most of the season though because the problems will come when their depth is questioned...

Shredder

Juniors
Exactly BR - its injuries that makes or breaks a season -
If we can keep the same core group together, I think we will be OK this year.

TiggaPlease

I thought MCK looked fair superior to Idris in the centres, we definitely didn't look as strong when Idris came on.

Hopefully Jamal's fitness will increase pretty quickly, but at the moment I think MCK has to be in the starting 13.

Tiger Ted

Bench
With the loss of Simona looking imminent, that 17 that took the field against Souffs looks close to our best I think.....

Perhaps arguments can be made for Liddle and Felise and I'm not completely sold on Naqaima yet as starting center for the rest of the season...

Let's hope those 19 players can keep fit most of the season though because the problems will come when their depth is questioned...
Depth is definitely a concern for us.If the injury gods are on our side then we will b competitive & could surprise most NRL pundits.

U look through the Penrith roster & uve got to wonder how they r under the cap.They r in such a privileged position that they could lose a no. of key players & it wouldn't derail there season as they have exceptional depth & this from a club paying an impostor like Tamou 800k !

Clifferd

Coach
I thought MCK looked fair superior to Idris in the centres, we definitely didn't look as strong when Idris came on.

Hopefully Jamal's fitness will increase pretty quickly, but at the moment I think MCK has to be in the starting 13.

And I can't believe JT the f**kwit never went with MCK in centres last year and kept persisting with Kevvy

One game there already and he looked very good

Latest posts