What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 State of Origin Game 1

Bazal

Post Whore
Opinion, and common sense.

Did you buy into the "chasing his childhood dream(tm)" and "eel for life(tm)" hype, Baz?

deflecting-bullets.gif

Classic Barty

Show me a source that says he was cut because his training ethic wasn't good enough, or that he beat dozens of elite athletes onto the field after months and months of training based on a highlight reel. Go on. If it's true you must be able to find a source for it....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Opinion, and common sense.

Did you buy into the "chasing his childhood dream(tm)" and "eel for life(tm)" hype, Baz?

*Just realised there was a gif that hadn't even loaded when I typed my response... lol.
Don't f**ken pretend you know how to gif.

bartman

Immortal
It's opinion Baz, as already stated.

That's the difference between an internet forum and a news site. Without our opinions, forums like this would be mere aggregators of articles "sourced" from elsewhere.

But of the two of us, only one seems to have an issue on here when an alternate opinion is presented...?

[insert gif of a person who has not found inner contentment here]

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't know how much "common sense" can be applied to a theory that in such a hotly contested sport a bloke who has never played it can show up with a you tube package of his highlights and get himself a gig.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't know how much "common sense" can be applied to a theory that in such a hotly contested sport a bloke who has never played it can show up with a you tube package of his highlights and get himself a gig.
Its a bit of what Bart said and a bit of what Baz said.

I'm sure he put in the work to prove that there was more to him than the highlights reel. However, being a potentially marketable novelty meant that if it was a choice between Hayne and some muppet from Minnesota with similar ability, the muppet would have missed out.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Its a bit of what Bart said and a bit of what Baz said.

I'm sure he put in the work to prove that there was more to him than the highlights reel. However, being a potentially marketable novelty meant that if it was a choice between Hayne and some muppet from Minnesota with similar ability, the muppet would have missed out.

Quite possibly, it's a business. But in the end if he doesn't get on the field he offers no value, and I find it a ridiculous assertion that a guy who'd never played the sport and was as unknown to the yanks as the Minnisota Muppet would be, gets a run without displaying both the desire and ability to learn the sport, and that means a shitload of hard work.

We also have reference to his change in body shape and a move from endurance fitness to the more explosive fitness the NFL demands as evidence of a reasonably involved training regime.

But hey, there may be little room for such logic, because well, you know Puddin'

Bazal

Post Whore
It's opinion Baz, as already stated.

Right, so you were talking shit again and trying to pass it off as fact. That's all I was asking.

But of the two of us, only one seems to have an issue on here when an alternate opinion is presented...?

You act like you're the only person I interact with on here....lol

tumblr_n1hem72Tj11qga3koo1_500.gif

bartman

Immortal
You act like you're the only person I interact with on here....lol
No Baz. I stated that of the two of us, you're the only one that seems to have an issue with opinions on footy matters that differ from your own. Of course, as the self appointed "muppet poker" you must obviously "interact" with a broad cross-section of forum members!
...as clearly evidenced by your continued replies to opinions that I post.

bartman

Immortal
If you didn't care about the opinions of others you wouldn't constantly troll the forums bart
I never claimed I didn't care about the opinions of others Pou... the opinions of others in our Eels community is why we are all here.

However I don't have issues when peoples' opinions about Eels related matter differ from my own - unlike some prime examples who focus more on the identity of who posted something rather than what opinion was actually posted, and at whom it's rather enjoyable to poke fun.

bartman

Immortal
You see that's the thing. People have a go at the persona, rather than the content of the posts.

Anyway, talking about me is boring. Let's talk more about me...

I agree. We should be talking more about Hayne. How good is he? Our best player for years. Maybe our best ever. Rocks up to NFL despite never having played the game and makes a team in his first year. And gets game time. Unbelievable, right? Now he's back and it looks like he's gonna step straight into Origin. Talk about talent.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Speaking of Origin 1

Tonight Matt Johns said Gall should not be picked for origin as we have had a history of failure with him there. Fair enough point.

However, he then says Mitch Pearce is a cert. WTF.

Does Matty even watch league?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gallen is really thinking of playing the city game??? More proof he is a selfish merkin and was poison for the side.

TheParraboy

Staff member
With Woods possibly not ready for Origin 1, Tamou not playing great. There probably is some logic to bringing Gallan back ...as Prop. He can play 60-70min, play as a battering ram, and annoy the queenslanders in the ruck. The main grip with him in the past is he would take a hit up and kill the blues momentum often in the opposition 30 metre zone.