What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 State of Origin Game 1

hindy111

Post Whore
It won't happen because the NSW Selectors are a bunch of pussies, however I would love to see:

1. Tedesco
2. French
3. Latrell
4. Bird
5. Turbo

These back 5 should get the gig now and be locked in for the next 5 years.
That's how QLD have kept winning.

Id go with that next season. French and Latrell need a season.

strider

Post Whore
I just caught a little of the replay of the "Queenslanders Only" show on fox league.

They were discussing that Luke Keary has been named in some NSW squad - however he was apparently born in queensland .... asking are each of the panel members are happy with him being able to play for NSW.

Not one mention of f**king Inglis - the ultimate in turncoats .... ffs merkins

Gronk

Staff member
I just caught a little of the replay of the "Queenslanders Only" show on fox league.

200.webp

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he moved to NSW when he was about 10 or so, which makes him eligible to play for NSW because thats where he played when he was 16.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Queenslanders only is the most boring show on the planet

rather repeats of Gomer Pyle...

Happy MEel

First Grade
A few more games like the last one and no doubt he will be in the discussions.

So you just leave Tedesco out then ?
No chance. You would have to find room for both of them. Don't forget Hayne won a World Cup and dominated in the centres. If we're playing Maloney at 6 then that's where I'd play him.

eel01s

Bench
They wouldn't be looking at Gutho. He would have the following in front of him:

Tedesco (rightly so)
Dugan
Hayne
Jennings
Ferguson
Moylan
Morris x2
Turbo

I could probably go on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They wouldn't be looking at Gutho. He would have the following in front of him:

Tedesco (rightly so)
Dugan
Hayne
Jennings
Ferguson
Moylan
Morris x2
Turbo

I could probably go on.

Moylan should never play for NSW again tbh.

The Morris's form is ordinary.

Gunco can play anywhere in that back 5, and excel - that should be a good enough reason to pick him.

But you're right - he won't get picked.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think Gutherson will ever be an 'Origin player' in the sense that he will be an automatic selection, but if we can play consistently well year on year there's no reason he can't make his way into the team given injuries to other candidates.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
guthos best origin chance is either as fb or centre if he plays there fulltime for us.

hes obviously a long way off if he's still trying to prove himself in the halves