What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 State of Origin Game 1

Gronk

Staff member
Gutho won't get picked because Loz likes his team to have performed on the big stage. So unless your team has won a GF or went deep into the semis then forget it.

Yes there have been some exceptions IIRC Moylan.

Bazal

Post Whore
A few more games like the last one and no doubt he will be in the discussions.

So you just leave Tedesco out then ?

1-Tedesco
2-Trobojebrah
3-Bird
4-Hayne
5-Some winger

Sadly Daley will probs force Dugan and Ferguson in there somewhere but IMO Hayne has to play. Ignoring the Bartman bullshit that is sure to eventually follow this post, the man single handedly won us the last series we even looked close to winning. That will count in his favour more than current form. I don't think he's ever played a poor Origin game, he's made for it.

Gronk

Staff member
1-Tedesco
2-Trobojebrah
3-Bird
4-Hayne
5-Some winger

Sadly Daley will probs force Dugan and Ferguson in there somewhere but IMO Hayne has to play. Ignoring the Bartman bullshit that is sure to eventually follow this post, the man single handedly won us the last series we even looked close to winning. That will count in his favour more than current form. I don't think he's ever played a poor Origin game, he's made for it.

Won't bother me if he is selected, but Loz won't like not picking Dugan or Fergo.

My guess is that if Dugan is fit, then Hayne will be overlooked for game 1 and Loz will say that Hayne needs more game time before he can be considered. Which actually means that he'll wait for an injury or if he get flogged.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Gutho won't get picked because Loz likes his team to have performed on the big stage. So unless your team has won a GF or went deep into the semis then forget it.

Yes there have been some exceptions IIRC Moylan.

he got through the backdoor ---> tests which are considered a high standard but not as high as origin and grand finals.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Ferguson is the incumbent Kangaroo winger so I'd be surprised if he doesn't get one wing spot. I'd be tempted to go with him and Duges on the wings.

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Dugan

14. Bird

It's a fair problem to have trying to fit everyone in. It's once we hit the 6 and 7 that we have a distinct lack of quality.

strider

Post Whore
I just hope we can move on from Farah

Tbh there arent great #9 options for nsw, but its just time to try and get someone else in the jersey going forward

Bazal

Post Whore
At the risk of being attacked by merkins who hate him, I agree. Dugan is a solid Origin player.

I hate Dugan because I know the merkin from local footy and he's a tosser. I don't like him in Origin because he couldn't pass on a cold to his outside men....he's solid and he rarely plays badly but there are much better options is the point for most people I would think

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dugan is a solid origin player, I just think there are better options than him. But he seems to get picked in all rep teams no matter what his form.

Bazal

Post Whore
Won't bother me if he is selected, but Loz won't like not picking Dugan or Fergo.

My guess is that if Dugan is fit, then Hayne will be overlooked for game 1 and Loz will say that Hayne needs more game time before he can be considered. Which actually means that he'll wait for an injury or if he get flogged.

Yeah I think Loz will fit Dugan and Ferguson in there somewhere too. Which is upsetting because they're both ordinary.

The reason we've lost six million origins in a row is attitudes like that. QLD have a much better approach to Origin than NSW do

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I think Loz will fit Dugan and Ferguson in there somewhere too. Which is upsetting because they're both ordinary.

The reason we've lost six million origins in a row is attitudes like that. QLD have a much better approach to Origin than NSW do

Not sure why you think that QLD have a better approach. Didn't Mal "pick and stick" which is what Loz does now ?

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure why you think that QLD have a better approach. Didn't Mal "pick and stick" which is what Loz does now ?

Mal stuck with players who earned it through quality performance. Loz sticks with players who are ordinary for the sake of "picking and sticking". He's talking up Pearce again for f**ks sake!

Ask DCE what he reckons about Mal "picking and sticking"....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Pick and stick....

Stick and shit....

Our selection policies have nothing to do with us being shit. The sad reality is that we don't have players from NSW that are as good as or better than the best QLD players (with the exception of Inglis...)

Latest posts