What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 State of Origin Game 1

Suitman

Post Whore
Tedesco has a much higher work rate than Hayne, which is very important in a fullback. Hayne likes to camp out on the edge and get early ball, with some passing options. There really isn't an ideal position for him. His playmaking is wasted at wing/centre, his running game is wasted in the halves, and he isn't involved enough for fullback.

He has been at Origin level.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wait... so are you agreeing that some players that have been previously picked are origin failures and that there are more suitable players that could be picked?
I'm saying that the lesser players some are advocating would have failed even worse.

bartman

Immortal
I can't believe I'm reading someone propose that Hayne be parachuted back into Origin at fullback... talk about poor judgement?

A couple of flashy touches in one game, and people forget the seven games of shit he's dished up since returning from his NFL/Union 7s dreams.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've been critical of Hayne over the years because I don't like his attitude.

However, he would be up for the Origin challenge if he was selected. In fact, I think the weight loss might be linked to Origin. He sees that as an opportunity to prove to himself and others that he is still elite. I can see his form continuing to improve in the coming weeks.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think people all to readily dismiss the work the guy put into his "NFL dream", for whatever reason.

I'm sure as shit he didn't gain a spot on the roster by rocking up and saying "the Hayne Train don't train"

........awaits he quit cause it was all too hard response......

84 Baby

Referee
I'm saying that the lesser players some are advocating would have failed even worse.
Ok so you're saying Ennis as a lesser player would have failed more than "Hey I'll Even Do The Goalkicking" Farah? I dispute that. Defensively Ennis would have been better, plus offensively the Pearces and co would have looked better (or worse) because it wouldn't have been a one man show

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think people all to readily dismiss the work the guy put into his "NFL dream", for whatever reason.

I'm sure as shit he didn't gain a spot on the roster by rocking up and saying "the Hayne Train don't train"

........awaits he quit cause it was all too hard response......
He puts in if and when it suits him and he is motivated. He doesn't do it for anyone else and struggles to stay motivated all the time. Even during his time at Parra he was inconsistent.

That's precisely why I think he could do well in the lead up to and during Origin. He will be motivated.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ok so you're saying Ennis as a lesser player would have failed more than "Hey I'll Even Do The Goalkicking" Farah? I dispute that. Defensively Ennis would have been better, plus offensively the Pearces and co would have looked better (or worse) because it wouldn't have been a one man show
Maybe they should have picked Matt Keating. He could have carved up as well....

Sadly, we'll never know...

hindy111

Post Whore
Moylan should never play for NSW again tbh.

The Morris's form is ordinary.

Gunco can play anywhere in that back 5, and excel - that should be a good enough reason to pick him.

But you're right - he won't get picked.

Moylan can only become elite if moves into halves. As a fullback he is done

hindy111

Post Whore
Tamou and merrins been woefull, Ferguson been down on form.

Hayne gets picked. Dugan gets picked. Big game players. Our forwards should be to powerfull and i really think they will struggle to contain the blues big men.
Last years series showed NSW are coming. We could name 2 sides that would be very competitive and a 3rd that would hold its own. The amount of centres,wing,fullback and half options along with edge forwards is long.

Forwards win origin with the spin. Qld had as good or better a pack for so many year that was overlooked. But now the pack is getting past it. No Scott, thaidays spent.
I can see atleast one game where nsw just blast them.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Moylan can only become elite if moves into halves. As a fullback he is done
Except he will be reserve grade standard defensively. Seriously, he is the softest player in the NRL. I truly hope he moves into the halves because that will create an even softer frontline defence.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Tamou and merrins been woefull, Ferguson been down on form.

Hayne gets picked. Dugan gets picked. Big game players. Our forwards should be to powerfull and i really think they will struggle to contain the blues big men.
Last years series showed NSW are coming. We could name 2 sides that would be very competitive and a 3rd that would hold its own. The amount of centres,wing,fullback and half options along with edge forwards is long.

Forwards win origin with the spin. Qld had as good or better a pack for so many year that was overlooked. But now the pack is getting past it. No Scott, thaidays spent.
I can see atleast one game where nsw just blast them.
I actually agree with this. Call me crazy but I reckon we'll win this series and there will be at least one 12+ victory.

hindy111

Post Whore
Except he will be reserve grade standard defensively. Seriously, he is the softest player in the NRL. I truly hope he moves into the halves because that will create an even softer frontline defence.

Maybe im not sure. To slow for fullback thou

hindy111

Post Whore
I actually agree with this. Call me crazy but I reckon we'll win this series and there will be at least one 12+ victory.
20+ i reckon.
Nsw know how qld play and they wont change. So our defense can handle the. Aslong as Daley who needs to adjust our style a little.
But cordner,frizzel,graheme,Jackson Woods,Fafita are all in great form.

Merrin and klemmer will do a job and fire up if picked.

Whats qld pack? Wallace been in good form. Thidays cooked.Hess may get a call.
Lillyman? Lol Myles? Lol

Happy MEel

First Grade
20+ i reckon.
Nsw know how qld play and they wont change. So our defense can handle the. Aslong as Daley who needs to adjust our style a little.

Lillyman? Lol Myles? Lol
Add Shannon Boyd to that pack. We should belt them in the forwards and we have enough strike in the backs to take advantage. Just need the halves to do their job.

strider

Post Whore
20+ i reckon.

Lillyman? Lol Myles? Lol
Will Napa be fit ... msybe not the weapon he was previously