What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 State of Origin - Game 2

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.nrl.com/maroons-make-changes-for-origin-ii/tabid/10874/newsid/108814/default.aspx

lots of changes for loyal Qld.

Queensland Maroons coach Kevin Walters has unveiled a new-look team to play the NSW Blues in Game II of the Holden State of Origin series at ANZ Stadium.

Tim Glasby, Coen Hess, Valentine Holmes and Jarrod Wallace have been selected to make their Origin debuts, while Billy Slater, Johnathan Thurston and Gavin Cooper are all back for the must-win match.

Cooper and Slater missed selection for Game I, but their impressive NRL form has got them over the line for the Sydney blockbuster.

Thurston is once again set to wear the No.6 Maroons jersey after a successful comeback from injury for the Cowboys last weekend.

The new quartet of Glasby, Hess, Holmes and Wallace all have experience in the Queensland system, having attended the QAS Emerging Origin camp on the Gold Coast earlier this year.

Wallace was 18th man for Game I last month, although the Titans forward will have to successfully challenge a judiciary charge if he is to play next Wednesday night.

Players omitted from Queensland’s Game I team are Corey Oates, Justin O’Neill, Anthony Milford (injury), Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Aidan Guerra and Jacob Lillyman.

XXXX Queensland Maroons

Billy Slater - Melbourne Storm
Darius Boyd - Brisbane Broncos
Will Chambers - Melbourne Storm
Dane Gagai - Newcastle Knights
Valentine Holmes - Cronulla Sharks
Johnathan Thurston - North Qld Cowboys
Cooper Cronk - Melbourne Storm
Jarrod Wallace - Gold Coast Titans
Cameron Smith - Melbourne Storm
Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
Gavin Cooper - North Qld Cowboys
Matt Gillett - Brisbane Broncos
Josh McGuire - Brisbane Broncos
Michael Morgan - North Qld Cowboys
Dylan Napa - Sydney Roosters
Coen Hess - North Qld Cowboys
Tim Glasby - Melbourne Storm

Coach: Kevin Walters

Snoochies

First Grade
Glasby was a surprise.

Pretty much the team they needed to name for game 1, bar Thurston. They'll be a lot more competitive.
Is Daryius really a better winger than Oats, Daryius doesn't have Inglis this time round.

hindy111

Post Whore
All hindy111s changes.
Did #hindy111 say holmes,wallace,Hess,slater had to be picked. Thurston obvious was i jured and Cooper and Glasby a suprise.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Thurston is maasive for them.

But just as big is replacing the has beens in the pack with some greenhorns looking to prove themselves.
Wallace and Glasby are both in great form.
Hess, future star.

TheParraboy

Staff member
7 changes 4 debutants, and a lot of positional changes for QLD

I just prey Pearce has a half decent game. He made some awefull decisions in game 1 on the last tackle, our forward dominance overshadowed this

Be interesting to see what happens if QLD get smacked in this game as well, no one will turn up at Suncorp for game 3

i just hope game 2 is a sellout

i'm so sick of listening to bogan queenslanders crowing about state pride and selling out suncorp while anz isn't full (ignoring the fact we have to sell 30 thousand more tickets) well this year game one DIDN'T sell out so now is our chance to shut them up

Bandwagon

Staff member
I reckon they've actually picked the best available squad this time, changing it will do nothing. They smash us in the spine, I think it's a lot more even in the outside backs, but they're weaker in the middle.

Who they gonna call up in the middle to change that?

strider

Post Whore
Qld will be pumped for game 3 ... it will be JT and maybe Cronk's last game ... so i reckon we better win game 2

I agree qld have now picked their best team ... they cant really change much if they lose game 2

T.S Quint

Coach
Whqt a disgraceful article by the telegraph.

I hope they remember the last times they aid things like this - Adam Mogg and Jacob Lilyman, both who ended up playing very well for QLD.

TheParraboy

Staff member
poor form from the telegraph , they should have included overhyped wannabes like Wallace and Hess in there as well..

Latest posts