What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Top 8 flops

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well maybe I don't think your views are measured or that you don't talk about Souths in a measured way. Maybe you think I don't talk about the Tigers in a measured way. Oh well!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is round 1 will be epic and tough.

Well the majority of this thread don't have Souths in their 8 either, is anyone who doesn't have them in their 8 biased against them?

My opinion on Souths might not be measured. Last year I tipped them to come 10th and they came 12th, so you're right I over rate them sometimes.

I couldn't care less about your opinion on the Tigers, if you don't think we'll miss the 8 that's totally fair enough though. I can understand why some people think that.

Round 1 is another game, just as round 2 will be. Sure I know it's your grand final and if Souths win it but lose the next 25 you'll view it as a successful year, however I'm more focused on the entire season ahead.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well the majority of this thread don't have Souths in their 8 either, is anyone who doesn't have them in their 8 biased against them?

My opinion on Souths might not be measured. Last year I tipped them to come 10th and they came 12th, so you're right I over rate them sometimes.

I couldn't care less about your opinion on the Tigers, if you don't think we'll make the 8 that's totally fair enough though. I can understand why some people think that.

Round 1 is another game, just as round 2 will be. Sure I know it's your grand final and if Souths win it but lose the next 25 you'll view it as a successful year, however I'm more focused on the entire season ahead.
It's not our GF. It's important to start well.

pantherz9103

First Grade
OUT: Bulldogs, Broncos

IN: Roosters, Eels (smoky for top 4)

I don't mind some people writing Penrith off. I'm always nervous about these kind of seasons when Penrith is tipped to do well. The same happened in 2015 and we had the worst injury crisis ever and in the end were lucky to finish 11th. However the big upside for this year is that the squad is younger with more rising stars and Ronnie Palmer is gone!

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Seriously people? Sharks? No way they miss the 8. Not while Maloney is playing

Dogs & Titans to drop out

Rooster & Warriors to fill the void

rabbitohs95

Bench
You can't say the Dogs won't miss it but if they do make it they won't make anything of it.

I'm just tipping a few teams to be out of form or have an injury crisis. No idea who they'll be but it will most likely happen.

The teams that can make the 8 from the bottom 8;

Rabbitohs, Roosters, Warriors.

All three have bolstered their squads/gotten some big names back from injuries.

The Tigers have only signed Idris and will be distracted by signings/salary cap issues and just don't have the consistency, the Dragons attack doesn't look to be getting any better, however they do have a decent pack, Manly have improved their halves but still have an average pack, Knights well we know what their go is and the Eels have gone for quantity over quality, I still don't rate them but if they do make the 8 it'll be similar to the Dogs, they'll get there and then crumble.

TheFrog

Coach
Storm
Raiders
Cowboys
Panthers
Roosters
Sharks
Titans
Broncos
+++++++
Bulldogs
Warriors
Eels
Tigers
Rabbitohs
Manly
Dragons
Knights

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Seriously people? Sharks? No way they miss the 8. Not while Maloney is playing

Dogs & Titans to drop out

Rooster & Warriors to fill the void

I find it highly unlikely that the Sharks drop out.

However they've lost half their GF spine (offset somewhat by moving Holmes to where he belongs) and last year they had an excellent injury run for most the year.

Towards the back end of the year I'm sure i remember it being mentioned they only used 19 players during that whole 16 game win streak. If they can have similar injury luck then great, but that's not a given.

Arnold

Juniors
But it's not given for any club so shouldn't be factored into any argument for or against a team making the 8.