What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Lucky to get home tonight. The isaako call was wrong and was a knock on every day of the week. If Darius Boyd wasn't the captain would he still be in the side? He did some good things chiming into the backline in attack but had a shocker with the bouncing ball. Not only does he never threaten the line when returning kicks he's made that many mistakes lately that his afraid to attack the ball on the ground. Boyd is a perfect example of a guy who needs a few weeks in the Intrust cup to sort himself out. On a positive note Su'a is looking better every week. Surely we have some other young forwards coming through that can push Thaiday out of the team?

I have no idea what Boyd is doing just watching the ball bounce several times before getting it. Attack the ball ffs. Several times we had really good defensive sets just to watch Boyd fluff around. The only explanation is he must be really down on confidence.

Thaiday will be in the team. We have quite a few injuries in the forwards now, Gillett, McGuire, Haas. When everyone is back fit he could be in trouble though.

Nerd

Bench
Same problems as before. Poor ball control has cost us yet again. Also the same two players having no impact Boyd and Glenn. Besides Boyd jagging an intercept his performance wouldn't cut it in the Intrust Cup. For an experienced player Alex Glenn rarely seems to have a game where he doesn't make a glaring error. We should take a leaf out of the Manly forwards book tonight. On quite a few occasions the tackled player would take a step forward and to the side of the Broncos first marker taking him out of play enabling a quick dart from dummy half for good metres. At least we shouldn't lose any players to Origin and hopefully can jag a few wins around that time for a change.

gUt

Coach
It's hard to see exactly what Boyd is bringing to the team these days. Watch him closely during Manly's first try. He stands there and watches.

If the merkin is injured, f**king rest him.

As for the rest of them, maybe lay off the weed at half time.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Took until about the last 10 minutes to score a decent attacking team try.

We are pretty boring to watch even in the games we win. We lost the forward battle tonight which compounded the issue.

I hardly even get excited when we are in the opposition 20 these days. Our attack is just so clunky we usually have to rely on an individual doing something.

hellteam

First Grade
Boyd offering absolutely nothing.I think we might be better off with Nikoroma at fullback. He was decent there last year when Boyd was injured

renouf

Juniors
But how long will he stick with Boyd? I think this loss just shows we aren't in this comp (like a lot of other sides). Unless by some miracle our halves/attack are sorted out and we go a run of wins.

Bronco18

Juniors
Who comes in for Glenn and Haas? Glenn looking like he’s out for a month.

Tagataese would take one bench spot, Sims/Thaiday possible starting 2nd Row.

I wouldn’t mind Bird on Glenn’s edge, force him to do something.

hellteam

First Grade
Who comes in for Glenn and Haas? Glenn looking like he’s out for a month.

Tagataese would take one bench spot, Sims/Thaiday possible starting 2nd Row.

I wouldn’t mind Bird on Glenn’s edge, force him to do something.

Good call. Seems to be about the same size as Glenn, give him a crack there.

gUt

Coach
Boyd did 2 really worrying things last game:

Stood and watched Jake T score his first try.
Took the ball across field nearly every time he got it and died with it.

All is not well with him.

hellteam

First Grade
He's obviously just fit enough to play but there's no way he is 100 percent. He needs a break. Almost at the point of wishing he got a more significant injury so he has to sit out and regain his fitness

hellteam

First Grade
Most enjoyable game for ages. Haven't clicked at all as a team yet, still look pretty clunky. Most our tries are just from individual efforts. But it might come. Hopefully a bit of a season turning point.

Roberts vs Mitchell was epic

Nerd

Bench
That game was a cracker. If we can cut out the stupid penalties tonights game showed we can match it with the best teams. Looks like we might have found our new left centre in Staggs. He didn't look out of place at all in his first game. Also liking what Sua brings with his defence. Thought our short kicking game was good but Cronk really showed how it's done with his long kicking game. Even Thaiday had a go tonight.

Last edited:

renouf

Juniors
Anyone know whats going on with coach? Seems like this is going to be his last year but I don't know what the club is doing, unless Bellamy is definitely coming in?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm not gonna be happy with Bellyache infecting our club with his cancerous style but as the old saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining. Watching Melbourne fall back to earth with a thud is gonna be satisfying.

gUt

Coach
How good has Joe Ofahengaue been in the back row? He's obviously fit enough. Glenn will have to do a lot to earn his spot back imo.

DeeJ

Bench
How good has Joe Ofahengaue been in the back row? He's obviously fit enough. Glenn will have to do a lot to earn his spot back imo.

He's been great. I was a bit disappointed for him not starting this year, but I can't argue with Pangai Jr's form either. Ofahengaue has been great off the bench and now starting and I believe he has earned himself an 18th man jersey for QLD.

I hope we keep him for a long time. He's a very solid forward who can be the foundation of the pack.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Bird maguire Gillette kahu and McCullough all missing plenty if games and still running 8th. That will do me at this stage our attack has been shocking and will improve. This side gas the potential to inflict some serious butthurt. Oh and tpj is a f**ken star