What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

renouf

Juniors
Bird maguire Gillette kahu and McCullough all missing plenty if games and still running 8th. That will do me at this stage our attack has been shocking and will improve. This side gas the potential to inflict some serious butthurt. Oh and tpj is a f**ken star

I doubt it, the signs are there (beside the fact we're 8th) that we won't go anywhere in the finals, there's too many problems, but on our day we can beat most of the top8 (except Melbourne).

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I doubt it, the signs are there (beside the fact we're 8th) that we won't go anywhere in the finals, there's too many problems, but on our day we can beat most of the top8 (except Melbourne).

At full strength I believe we can beat Melbourne

renouf

Juniors
Could see this coming, sometimes these games are so predicable. Bring the side out we had last week :/

Nerd

Bench
Could see this coming, sometimes these games are so predicable. Bring the side out we had last week :/
Looks like we are back to the bumbling error ridden team from the first 6 or so rounds. This year I really have no idea which team is going to turn up on game day.

renouf

Juniors
Looks like we are back to the bumbling error ridden team from the first 6 or so rounds. This year I really have no idea which team is going to turn up on game day.

Our attack looked much better last week, imo Mccullough is the problem, he's too slow out of dummy half

gUt

Coach
Can't agree, our Origin contingent were the ones who stood up.

All those dropped balls and ridiculous pushed passes tho...

Basically we have a very mediocre squad who really don't deserve to be in the 8 and will be quickly shunted out of it. It's a shame too because this is such an open comp this year.

Joe O continues to impress and needs to start over Glenn imo.

Nerd

Bench
Can't agree, our Origin contingent were the ones who stood up.

All those dropped balls and ridiculous pushed passes tho...

Basically we have a very mediocre squad who really don't deserve to be in the 8 and will be quickly shunted out of it. It's a shame too because this is such an open comp this year.

Joe O continues to impress and needs to start over Glenn imo.
I'm with you. Glenn has the occasional good game but otherwise it's hard to even notice he's on the field sometimes.

Nerd

Bench
Great effort tonight in the first half. It's pretty obvious the cue went back in the rack at halftime. For any team playing Penrith tonight just showed that running the majority of your attack at or around Maloney near the line is the way to go.
Pangai junior was just awesome tonight and we have to hope his hamstring can last till the end of the season. Also thought Thaiday had his best game of the season and Milfords kicking game was much better tonight.

renouf

Juniors
Pretty good win, can they back it up for another 6 weeks or so..

Just shows how easily one sided these games can get once you get a few tries and some penalties/whatever

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Our passing game was there on Friday. If they can continue fine-tuning that they will be a threat. Who gets left out when Gillette comes back? It's a big call. And what's happening with Jack Bird?

Christ tpj will be difficult to hang onto if he doesn't take unders

Nerd

Bench
Great game against the Sharks. Moving Boyd to centre was a masterstroke by Bennett as it has really tightened up our defence on the left side. Milfords kicking game was outstanding tonight and hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the year. Pangai Jnr also had another good game and him starting instead of Lodge seems to be working.

hellteam

First Grade
100 percent. 10 years of Boyd running second man players from fullback means he can read them very well in defence at centre.

Although in attack I think Boyd offers a bit more than Isaako. I'd like to see them swap occasionally in attack.

renouf

Juniors
Commentators couldn't have been anymore bias last night, I don't know how people in Brisbane can listen to that shit.

DeeJ

Bench
100 percent. 10 years of Boyd running second man players from fullback means he can read them very well in defence at centre.

Although in attack I think Boyd offers a bit more than Isaako. I'd like to see them swap occasionally in attack.

I don't know if Isaako could ever match Boyd for playmaking or variety, but he's 100% more enthusiastic, which is what we need at the back. He's attacking the ball in attack and defense, rather than doing a Darius, whining at the ref with his arms up while the ball is still in play.

Nerd

Bench
Commentators couldn't have been anymore bias last night, I don't know how people in Brisbane can listen to that shit.
That's the main reason I got Fox. You occasionally have to put up with Steve Roach who is so sub standard that he wouldn't be out of place on the nine team but otherwise the game callers are streets ahead of Rabs, Gould and the other pro Sydney rabble.

Nerd

Bench
Poor effort against the Dogs who just out enthused us all night. We're just to up and down to be a threat this year. Play well one week and then back to the bumbling Broncos the next. I'd say Kahu may not be around much longer. Moved from left centre to right wing because of defensive issues two weeks ago then gets hooked last night as Morris kept carving him up on the right side.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah I think Kahu might be in Intrust Super Cup at the moment if it wasn't for the rule that Staggs can't start.

Roberts has been invisible since being picked for NSW.

Most annoying year. We'll probably win one finals game and then get beaten by 50 the next week. So inconsistent

gUt

Coach
The team looks totally disjointed week on week and it's only occasional individual brilliance that saves us.

Bronco18

Juniors
Is it time to bite the bullet and rest TPJ?

It's all well and good keeping him on the field, but we're fodder if he's not playing fit and big minutes...

renouf

Juniors
Not going to matter much, too many changes already, can’t believe how many changes for this time of the year