What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Captain

sammythesaint

Juniors
We need a leader who is demanding, communicates, runs hard, plays hard, and doesnt put up with weak player performances.....nor referrees who are shite on the day.
A captain who inspires....a leader who others will follow out of the trenches ....and into the battle.

And a man who is confident to damn well tell Mary straigh to the point to use the bench properly!

Options are very few......one only in my humble opinion

JDHD

Juniors
Graham and JDB as C and VC. JDB can learn off Graham. Plus it would be weird if Widdop captained Graham at club level given Graham is the English captain (I think he is anyway).

Red V for life

Juniors
Graham doesn't have to have played for us to be captain. If his leadership skills shine through in the off/pre season and the team respond, then he should be our next captain.

However, Mary is renowned for not changing his ways (voluntarily at least). So, unless Widdop does a Benny Creagh and steps aside, Widdop will be captain again.

Sometimes it just sucks knowing what the future holds.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
James Graham

Anyone who whines about a new player being captain needs to get over it. He's the perfect candidate and that's all that matters

Precisely.
He has the experience,
He has the nouse,
He can handle being captain simply cause he has been, which should allow Widdop to concentrate on his game.
Some guys have the natural instinct of leading, he has it, Widdop doesn't.
There is no other person in the team that could handle being captain and do it properly without losing form.
Graham it is.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I feelJack DeBelin would make a good captain as he is starting to show consistancy and would lead by example. Also James Graham would lead from the front without the captains tag. There has been times in the past when Graham has lost it with referees.

sammythesaint

Juniors
Graham doesn't have to have played for us to be captain. If his leadership skills shine through in the off/pre season and the team respond, then he should be our next captain.

However, Mary is renowned for not changing his ways (voluntarily at least). So, unless Widdop does a Benny Creagh and steps aside, Widdop will be captain again.

Sometimes it just sucks knowing what the future holds.
Widdop has to be the most uninspiring captain of all clubs and in our history i cant imagine any one worse

James Graham yes.
If anyone gets their nose out of joint....tough titties I say.
So we have no one in our whole squad that could do a good job as captain?
Trade one English International in for another hoping that Graham will solve our leadership woes?
I think we are kidding ourselves.
Let's get back to what this proud club is all about and stop clutching at straws.
I would be happy if Graham just does a good job as one of the front row rotation.

Latest posts