What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

supercharger

Juniors
yeah you are & I said nearly & the clubs nearly that much
& of course they do
PR didn't say how we are a billion dollar code , but Penrith alone clear 115 Million in annual revenue
That Penrith revenue is the league's club though isn't it? And not revenue from football?

Raiderdave

First Grade
That Penrith revenue is the league's club though isn't it? And not revenue from football?
most of it
but most clubs still generate around 25 to 30 million in football revenue each per year
& the leagues clubs trade off the football club brands

we're a billion dollar industry
nothing surer

supercharger

Juniors
you called people in here wrist slitters for actually discussing the topic of the thread lol

but yeah
you didn't say it hey
Ok, I see that you have a lack of comprehension. I said in my first post earlier this evening that some people have an obsession with crowds. I said its important revenue for teams but that NRL teams derive more revenue from broadcast fees.
I said I enjoyed seeing the opinions of most people on here but that some were overly negative. It is ultimately down to the clubs themselves to maximise their attendance figures. This used to be a great place to discuss crowds before it became over run with negativity and agendas. I think attendance figures will improve with better facilities especially in Sydney. I'm not a resident and have only passed through but don't buy the argument that Sydney fans are apathetic.
You still haven't been able to show me where I said that crowds don't matter by the way.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Ok, I see that you have a lack of comprehension. I said in my first post earlier this evening that some people have an obsession with crowds. I said its important revenue for teams but that NRL teams derive more revenue from broadcast fees.
I said I enjoyed seeing the opinions of most people on here but that some were overly negative. It is ultimately down to the clubs themselves to maximise their attendance figures. This used to be a great place to discuss crowds before it became over run with negativity and agendas. I think attendance figures will improve with better facilities especially in Sydney. I'm not a resident and have only passed through but don't buy the argument that Sydney fans are apathetic.
You still haven't been able to show me where I said that crowds don't matter by the way.

blah blah blah
I comprehend fine
you said it
now you're hiding from it

crowds or our code will never improve whilst we think a full hose in a tiny venue is what we should aspire to LOL

supercharger

Juniors
blah blah blah
I comprehend fine
you said it
now you're hiding from it

crowds or our code will never improve whilst we think a full hose in a tiny venue is what we should aspire to LOL
I'm not hiding from anything. Show me where i said crowds don't matter.

jim_57

Staff member
A couple of thousand off the crowd number isn't much of a hit to take to bring games to these communities and the goodwill that comes with it. It's not like we're sacrificing a 70k crowd for 5k at Gladstone or 11k at Mudgee. You'd probably make a lot more in merchandise getting new people through the gates as opposed to the regular members who are already walk past the merch shop every second week. If matched up right games could even outdraw what they'd get in Sydney on a lot of cases.

I'd maybe even go as far as to combine 8 regional games in to one week if possible and really push the propoganda machine in to overdrive about NRL being the code who "gives back to the country".
Central Coast, Mudgee, Bathurst, Toowoomba, Cairns, Darwin, Tamworth & Christchurch this year for example all host games from 8 different home teams. With co-ordinated planning it could easily become an option.

Pommy

Coach
A couple of thousand off the crowd number isn't much of a hit to take to bring games to these communities and the goodwill that comes with it. It's not like we're sacrificing a 70k crowd for 5k at Gladstone or 11k at Mudgee. You'd probably make a lot more in merchandise getting new people through the gates as opposed to the regular members who are already walk past the merch shop every second week. If matched up right games could even outdraw what they'd get in Sydney on a lot of cases.

I'd maybe even go as far as to combine 8 regional games in to one week if possible and really push the propoganda machine in to overdrive about NRL being the code who "gives back to the country".
Central Coast, Mudgee, Bathurst, Toowoomba, Cairns, Darwin, Tamworth & Christchurch this year for example all host games from 8 different home teams. With co-ordinated planning it could easily become an option.

I like the sentiment but I wonder how wel that would work for the broadcasters. I’m not expert but I would imagine there’s a lot of equipment they would normally rotate around these games and doing it all on one weekend may not be possible.

Clifferd

Coach
Im a fan of taking games to regional areas but it shouldn’t be done on a regular basis. Sub 10k crowds don’t look good on the stat sheet regularly

Maybe 1 home game from each club to a regional area that’s it. 16 games will do

supercharger

Juniors

I like the idea of more games in the country

Latest posts