What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
Generally if you’re going to lay claim to something it’s goood to have evidence to back it up! Ive noticed this is a failing of yours on most topics.

I'd suggest that observation to be flawed. When presenting an opinion evidence or fact may or may not be required. Quite often I have used anecdotal evidence and this has not been good enough for some. I have quoted books , articles and real life experiences however some choose to ignore or ridicule such fact/evidence.We have some people with power on this site clearly with the mindset of a bigot. So I'll leave it at that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol. Freedom of speach. And the suggestion is a roundabout way of providing an oponion. It puts the view out there for contemplation in a nice way.

Well with no evidence to back up your “suggestion” I’d “suggest” it is more of a fabrication to try and cover the fact you were wrong that high ticket prices would lead to low attendance. If you can provide any evidence there was a fire sale in last couple of days let’s see it. We’ve been through this before, for the nrl 51k at an avg of $200 a tickets is much better than a 52.5k sell out at $100 a ticket.

Stallion

First Grade
Well with no evidence to back up your “suggestion” I’d “suggest” it is more of a fabrication to try and cover the fact you were wrong that high ticket prices would lead to low attendance. If you can provide any evidence there was a fire sale in last couple of days let’s see it. We’ve been through this before, for the nrl 51k at an avg of $200 a tickets is much better than a 52.5k sell out at $100 a ticket.

As a matter of fact I can. And if you don't think that price is a major consideration for someone to attend an event you are simply in "fairyland". Earlier in this thread a post mention certain Suncorp tickets dropping to $70. It's in this thread. Posted on the day of the match. FYI. kind regards.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
They can do that with an afternoon kick off! Kids of a very young age also get exposed to the AFL myth . The earlier timeslot is crucial for recognition and familiarity by the youngsters into the future. This is what the AFL are gaining by staging a daytime grandfinal. It should be noted the AFL daytime grandfinal achieved higher TV ratings than the NRL night-time grandfinal last season.
If only NRL had the balls to say in the next tv round, nope, our product, we tell you when the GF starts. I liked the afternoon KO but think twilight is the best option.

King hit

Coach
They can do that with an afternoon kick off! Kids of a very young age also get exposed to the AFL myth . The earlier timeslot is crucial for recognition and familiarity by the youngsters into the future. This is what the AFL are gaining by staging a daytime grandfinal. It should be noted the AFL daytime grandfinal achieved higher TV ratings than the NRL night-time grandfinal last season.

No kids where I live get exposed to it. I live in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the country. AFL here is as relevant as sunbaking in Antarctica.

The NRL grand final is at night thanks to the Super League War . Blame ribot and co for that. And the ratings were down at last years grand final because everyone knew the Storm would win.

Stallion

First Grade
If only NRL had the balls to say in the next tv round, nope, our product, we tell you when the GF starts. I liked the afternoon KO but think twilight is the best option.

Completely agree with you Diesel.I've noticed plenty year 4 & 5 students (9 or 10years now - 5 or 6 year olds back then)kids having a shining toward the Rabbitohs. From memory I think the 2014 grandfinal featuring South Sydney was a twilight timeslot? Family friendly timeslots do matter going forward and given a daytime AFL grandfinal has just out rated on tv a nighttime NRL grandfinal, it's wise to embrace the earlier twilight scenario.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
No kids where I live get exposed to it. I live in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the country. AFL here is as relevant as sunbaking in Antarctica.

The NRL grand final is at night thanks to the Super League War . Blame ribot and co for that. And the ratings were down at last years grand final because everyone knew the Storm would win.

I live in the Newcastle area and AFL is very much in the psyche and prevalent in the primary school age groups. I'm seeing kids wearing AFL gear to sports theme days and I'm also seeing local rugby union school bags showing the local club moto and colours for all to see. There is a rugby league presence but not as prevalent as it once used to be.

What a steaming pile of shit .
The afl won the GF ratings battle because they had a fairytale scenario.
A team who hadn't won for about 40 years .
We're despised outsiders at the start of the season .

V

The NRL had two teams who had both won a GF in the previous 5 years .
No SYD team .
No fairytale .

The previous years when the Sharks & Cows had won ( both fairytale stories ) the NRL won the GF ratings battle .

You have NFI about anything .
In fact the village idiot on here ...hi RED
Is schooling you .

Stallion

First Grade
What a steaming pile of shit .
The afl won the GF ratings battle because they had a fairytale scenario.
A team who hadn't won for about 40 years .
We're despised outsiders at the start of the season .

V

The NRL had two teams who had both won a GF in the previous 5 years .
No SYD team .
No fairytale .

The previous years when the Sharks & Cows had won ( both fairytale stories ) the NRL won the GF ratings battle .

You have NFI about anything .
In fact the village idiot on here ...hi RED
Is schooling you .

Spastic ! You can misconstrue as much as you like. If you genuinely think the after 8pm kick off time is user friendly for a young family you are the village idiot! Five and 6 year olds are off to bed. That is not the case with an earlier timeslot. The general adult Public enjoy having BBQs in daylight hours. A more socially acceptable timeslot would bring more benefits than meet the eye. But don't let logic get in the way of prudent decisions for this code and its Public.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Spastic ! You can misconstrue as much as you like. If you genuinely think the after 8pm kick off time is user friendly for a young family you are the village idiot! Five and 6 year olds are off to bed. That is not the case with an earlier timeslot. The general adult Public enjoy having BBQs in daylight hours. A more socially acceptable timeslot would bring more benefits than meet the eye. But don't let logic get in the way of prudent decisions for this code and its Public.

5 year olds don’t care about the grand final, the few that do can stay up it’s not the end of the world.

genius alert .
In the 2 biggest RL markets the day after the GF is a public holiday .
So your bullshit theory is just that ...bullshit .
I have a mid afternoon BBQ while watching the interstate final .then settle in with a few drinks to wait for the GF .
While the kids are running around the yard playing footy .
No
Probs seeing as they don't have school next day ..they can stay up as late as they like .

You are just a whiny bitch .
A dumb one at that .

Stallion

First Grade
5 year olds don’t care about the grand final, the few that do can stay up it’s not the end of the world.

Thought that would be mentioned. It's moreso the initial familiarity phase in development. Granted they would not necessarily remember however it's a start and initial introduction. This is what the very public savvy AFL are targeting along with a culturally and socially inviting timeslot. But yes I can understand your point however initial experiences do have a cognitive flow effect.

Last edited:

Latest posts