What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

barneybuck888

Juniors
Thats a great crowd for a provincial city on a Thursday night.Pity some of the Sydney clubs get such poor crowds or we might be able to get to the magic 20K average.

taipan

Referee
Can't see it getting more than 20-25k. I think people need to acknowledge that the hype behind the NRL and the game's image has really taken a pounding the past few years.

We used to have scandals plague the game - but that didn't really push the game down IMO. Poor refereeing performances and the game's administration is what has hurted the game.

There was so much more positive hype behind the Roosters v Rabbitohs games back in 2013-14 than now (partly due to the story of Souths revival). Now it's just drowned out by the image of poor refereeing due to excessive social commentary on the matter.

I agree, completely the negativity re refs,again pushed hard by the Telecrap mob didn't help.Plus I think ANZ has become such a no no for people attending from wherever,because of lack of atmosphere and not being close to they action because of its present configuration.
I guess the real test would be how much would the Souths v Roosters get on a Sunday arvo 3pm.
I've given up on predicting crowds these days.

If there's any comfort and probably not, two other codes have had big crowd drops.And they don't get the media sh*t we do.
Social medals is indeed becoming a big influence.

taipan

Referee
Thats a great crowd for a provincial city on a Thursday night.Pity some of the Sydney clubs get such poor crowds or we might be able to get to the magic 20K average.

Yeah got to agree.I had a shot at the Cow's crowds of late,but near 20,000 on a Thursday night is worthy of praise.

morley101

Juniors
Can't see it getting more than 20-25k. I think people need to acknowledge that the hype behind the NRL and the game's image has really taken a pounding the past few years.

We used to have scandals plague the game - but that didn't really push the game down IMO. Poor refereeing performances and the game's administration is what has hurted the game.

There was so much more positive hype behind the Roosters v Rabbitohs games back in 2013-14 than now (partly due to the story of Souths revival). Now it's just drowned out by the image of poor refereeing due to excessive social commentary on the matter.
It all depends how many Souths members decide to go after all there are 30,000 of them ....

Billythekid

First Grade
Good crowd for the cowboys. Can only imagine the new stadium will do wonders for their crowds.

I agree, completely the negativity re refs,again pushed hard by the Telecrap mob didn't help.Plus I think ANZ has become such a no no for people attending from wherever,because of lack of atmosphere and not being close to they action because of its present configuration.
I guess the real test would be how much would the Souths v Roosters get on a Sunday arvo 3pm.
I've given up on predicting crowds these days.

If there's any comfort and probably not, two other codes have had big crowd drops.And they don't get the media sh*t we do.
Social medals is indeed becoming a big influence.

I'm assuming you mean the A league and union there. Nobody gives them shit because they're minor sports essentially in this country. Nobody cares if hockey or basketball has drops in crowds either. It's more notable and gets more clicks if it's one of the big codes.

taipan

Referee
Good crowd for the cowboys. Can only imagine the new stadium will do wonders for their crowds.

I'm assuming you mean the A league and union there. Nobody gives them shit because they're minor sports essentially in this country. Nobody cares if hockey or basketball has drops in crowds either. It's more notable and gets more clicks if it's one of the big codes.

I don't care if either code passes into the ether.The fact is they are here at present in whatever capacity.
They may be minor although WSW got decent crowds,but they still suffered major crowd drops.Crowd drops are not confined to this country for live sport I read .
Union the major sport in NZ,suffered big crowd drops .And I don't care too much about them, but to me it seems not just confined to the NRL.
Sydney according to the SMH today is choking itself and not the first article BTW ,becoming too expensive that's why young couples are moving out.Apparently Melbourne moved 18,000 from Sydney this year.Others p*ssing off to Brisbane and the coast.
We know scheduling/. crappy stadiums and transport are major issues in Sydney.Probaly why we won't get 40,000 or 30,000 tonight.It craps me as much as it does most RL lovers.

yobbo84

First Grade
The two oldest rivals. 1st v 3rd. The winner will be on top of the ladder. Two teams playing attractive attacking football. Forecast 16 degrees at kickoff with no rain in sight. 8pm kickoff so plenty of time to get there after work. If you able to get there tonight, get there! If you're a Rabbitohs or Roosters supporter and physically+financially capable to get there but choose to watch it on TV instead then boo to you.

Valheru

Coach
You wouldn't even know the game was on tonight judging by media coverage.

NRL360 for example has around 135 minutes of content per week and about 120 of them were dedicated to the Penrith fiasco this week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You wouldn't even know the game was on tonight judging by media coverage.

NRL360 for example has around 135 minutes of content per week and about 120 of them were dedicated to the Penrith fiasco this week.

Come on FoxLeague has had a count down clock to the game for the last few days lol.