What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

greenBV4

Bench
Whats everyones predictions for this week?

Sadly I don't Melbourne will have that great of a crowd on Friday...
1 - Its the Eels
2 - probably 70k+ for Essendon vs Richmond next door at the same time

Im thinking:
THU 7:50 Broncos vs Rabbits - 30k
FRI 6:00 Manly vs GC (oh no...) - 4k
FRI 7:50 Storm vs Eels - 12k
SAT 3:00 Panthers vs Knights - 17k
SAT 5:30 Wests vs Dragons - 17k
SAT 7:30 Sharks vs NQ - 15k
SUN 2:00 Dogs vs NZ - 13k
SUN 4:00 Raiders vs Roosters 14k
(AVG=15250 thanks to Brisbane and no thanks to brookvale)

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
Brookvale, Vs Titans, 6pm Friday. Ouch.

What is the plan for Manly? Surely Brookvale can't be sustainable too much longer.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many games have kogarah and Leichhardt had this year compared to the others?

I noticed cows got 11k against the storm this year
Canberra got about 7k against someone

Seems teams in city’s with big stadiums and no competition can’t get huge crowds every week as well,

True and I have mentioned that fact before, in reality it’s the only thing that’s not putting pressure on some of the sydney clubs. Auckland, canberra, Gold Coast and to a smaller degree Townsville are not exactly pulling up trees when it comes to crowd size and growth. Melbourne and Newcastle are the only one city teams with sustained crowd growth over last few years and will be interesting to see if storms can be sustained post the success era. Be nice to think Brisbane2 and perth would reflect Melbourne’s growth rather than titans slump but no guarantees with the way the game is being run at the moment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whats everyones predictions for this week?

Sadly I don't Melbourne will have that great of a crowd on Friday...
1 - Its the Eels
2 - probably 70k+ for Essendon vs Richmond next door at the same time

Im thinking:
THU 7:50 Broncos vs Rabbits - 30k
FRI 6:00 Manly vs GC (oh no...) - 4k
FRI 7:50 Storm vs Eels - 11k
SAT 3:00 Panthers vs Knights - 18k
SAT 5:30 Wests vs Dragons - 17k
SAT 7:30 Sharks vs NQ - 15k
SUN 2:00 Dogs vs NZ - 13k
SUN 4:00 Raiders vs Roosters 14k
(AVG=15250 thanks to Brisbane and no thanks to brookvale)

THU 7:50 Broncos vs Rabbits - 35k
FRI 6:00 Manly vs GC (oh no...) - 6k (reported lol)
FRI 7:50 Storm vs Eels - 14k
SAT 3:00 Panthers vs Knights - 15.5k
SAT 5:30 Wests vs Dragons - 16.4k
SAT 7:30 Sharks vs NQ - 14.2k
SUN 2:00 Dogs vs NZ - 12k
SUN 4:00 Raiders vs Roosters 13.5k

Marlins

Juniors
Storm Friday night, sitting in the top 4 and one of Billy’s last Home games. Good weather permitted this should draw 16k+.

The Boncs/Souths game would have looked good on Sunday arvo.

taipan

Referee
What's the reason why these clubs can't average 20k each in 2019

Broncos
South's
Parramatta
Dogs
Roosters
StGeorge
Newcastle
Melbourne
Warriors
Tigers

You're never there to assist.
Some of them will, with a new Parra stadium.
Also most of these clubs will probably end up smashing your Swans on the TV ratings in Sydney,and obliterating GWS on TV ,as they currently do so.
The best of both worlds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Storm Friday night, sitting in the top 4 and one of Billy’s last Home games. Good weather permitted this should draw 16k+.

The Boncs/Souths game would have looked good on Sunday arvo.
This - I think people are forgetting the pulling power a Billy Slater farewell tour will have. The 17k for the Sharks game on Sunday was directly up against a 60k crowd at the MCG as well. Storm have no trouble drawing a decent number regardless of what's on across the road.

greenBV4

Bench
This - I think people are forgetting the pulling power a Billy Slater farewell tour will have. The 17k for the Sharks game on Sunday was directly up against a 60k crowd at the MCG as well. Storm have no trouble drawing a decent number regardless of what's on across the road.
Yeah but this is the Eels, there's a bit of a rivalry developing with Sharks and kids could get in free.

Hopefully Im wrong but I don't think the crowd will match the sharks game..

Friday 2 weeks from now should be good though, last H/A game for Slater and for the season and a top 8 matchup v panthers. No AFL on that week either

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Bri vs Sou 28k
Man vs tit can’t count that low
Mel vs par 15k
Pen vs kni 14k
Wes vs dra 17k sold out
Cro vs nql 14k
Bul vs war 12k relying on Sydney kiwis
Can vs Syd 12k

Frailty

First Grade
I'll be going to the Storm-Eels game (My sister is a storm fan visiting Melbourne), and they were offering 2 for 1 or 50% off GA tickets.

It'll be interesting to see the crowd when the Richmond-Essendon game will be at the MCG and will pull a big crowd.

footy75

Bench

Storm crowds are even bigger when there is an AFL blockbuster on at the MCG during the day and the storm play straight after that night. Tons of people wonder from the AFL game over to the NRL game. When I've attended Saturday night games at Ammi Park all the pubs in the area like Swan st etc are full with AFL and NRL fans...it´s a great area and full of atmosphere. If the NRL had a clue they would factor this in more...but that would require thinking.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Storm crowds are even bigger when there is an AFL blockbuster on at the MCG during the day and the storm play straight after that night. Tons of people wonder from the AFL game over to the NRL game. When I've attended Saturday night games at Ammi Park all the pubs in the area like Swan st etc are full with AFL and NRL fans...it´s a great area and full of atmosphere. If the NRL had a clue they would factor this in more...but that would require thinking.
The NRL are damned if they do, damned if they don't. And the NRL's schedule is often out before AFL's anyway.

Latest posts