What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

jim_57

Staff member
Cowboys v Parramatta @ 1300 Smiles is selling well, surely will sell out even thought the Cowboys got screwed with a Friday night for Thurston's last.
Titans v Cowboys @ Cbus has almost sold out.

Really? I would have been surprised to see it crack 20k to be honest.

hutch

First Grade
How is anything I typed their anything other than reality? 18k is a big crowd for nrl this year and crowds have gone backwards in last 5 years. Both of those things are facts, and you could even say the first fact is a positive spin by saying 18k is a big crowd.

You need to stop being influenced by sharks fans opinions of me lol

By the way Cronulla crowd 12,270. I’ll let you decide if that is a negative or positive

Crowds are still up on last year and should also finish higher than 2015.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Cudos to the Canberra crowd today, weather was horrible, even though it looked sunny at times it was f*cken freezing, I know the weather for a lot of games down there can be so much worse than today but still the loyal ones still turn up. Even though the Roosters lost today and I froze to the bone I enjoyed the experience and the Raiders fans were great too.

footy75

Bench
tenor.gif

lmao!!

t-ba

Post Whore
Damning numbers for Brooky.

Worst in 50 years.

To me that doesn't suggest a problem with the number of fans, but rather a clear problem with engagement. We've got fans, but look at that trend line once the Penn's took over completely. Shrinking. Something needs to change, and that something is right at the top.

Zadar

Juniors
Cudos to the Canberra crowd today, weather was horrible, even though it looked sunny at times it was f*cken freezing, I know the weather for a lot of games down there can be so much worse than today but still the loyal ones still turn up. Even though the Roosters lost today and I froze to the bone I enjoyed the experience and the Raiders fans were great too.

Agree HH, the day before was atrocious cold windy rain, and game day was little better, and for a team with nothing to play for, the fans definitely did well to post 10k,
Although it didn’t seem like 10k to me, plenty of chooks fans though, always is in Canberra.

taipan

Referee
Brookvale needs a decent stand, and should only have a hill at the end.
Despite all the dramas there,the biggest deterrent for fans ,is a lack of facilities and of course a team that is tearing itself apart.
Arthurson would be gutted with the crowds ,attending there at present.

Having big crowds at CBus and Nth Qld, will give the crowd numbers a boost for 2018

With the competitive nature of the bottom placed sides,i believe we'll get bigger crowds in 2019.And of course if Manly can finally get their crap together and get on with playing football.

I just wish the NRL would really sit down and analyse scheduling for next year, to ensure more local derbies arranged at friendly times, and 6pm slots given a thorough going over ,because some just don't work for crowds.
This BS about(6pm slots) you can go to the pub after work,then attend,completely ignores families and thos who live some distance away.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Warriors and the 6pm Friday slot are well underused IMO. Knights seems to do well with it but would probably be annoyed if they keep getting them. Manly just shouldn't host them where possible.

4 if the lowest 10 crowds this season were at Brookvale.

Wow!

One 5000 and something and 3 very close to having a 5 in front of it.

Huge financial loss coming in gate takings this year for sure!

Why does what upset me? Low crowds? Because I want to see rugby league fulfill its potential. It’s a brilliant game and deserves to be much more popular both in players and spectators. With all the money the game has now got we shouldnt be in this situation. That’s why it upsets me when the game isn’t realising its potential.

You are going to love this.

3 mates and myself have season tickets to Shark Park and have done for 10 years. We haven't been to a night game in about 3 months.Most of us have kids and time away from home is rare. One of the group has twisted our arm to watch the remaining games in the pub. No lines for beers, large HD screens, no queues to get in, good food at your table, it's local so theres always a good atmosphere. Old mate got the shits with the 2 midstrengths at a time, awful food and bar being shut off at half time plus further restrictions in the leagues club after the game. I have put up some meek resistance to this but don't want to sit by myself and must admit I am enjoying the pub experience a lot and I actually live closer to the ground than I do the pub. It's doubtful as a result I will go to another game this year nor buy another season seat. For the few day games next year I will just buy tickets in advance.

Day games are a different story we bring the kids.

LineBall

Juniors
You are going to love this.

3 mates and myself have season tickets to Shark Park and have done for 10 years. We haven't been to a night game in about 3 months.Most of us have kids and time away from home is rare. One of the group has twisted our arm to watch the remaining games in the pub. No lines for beers, large HD screens, no queues to get in, good food at your table, it's local so theres always a good atmosphere. Old mate got the shits with the 2 midstrengths at a time, awful food and bar being shut off at half time plus further restrictions in the leagues club after the game. I have put up some meek resistance to this but don't want to sit by myself and must admit I am enjoying the pub experience a lot and I actually live closer to the ground than I do the pub. It's doubtful as a result I will go to another game this year nor buy another season seat. For the few day games next year I will just buy tickets in advance.

Day games are a different story we bring the kids.

Hard to argue against TBH.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Nailed it for a lot of people I imagine.

It boggles the mind that an alcoholic drink you can buy a four-pack of for $15-20 at a bottle shop, can be purchased as a single lukewarm drink in a plastic cup at a sporting event.

I understand mark-ups and whatnot, but it's among the reasons that make people reconsider their attendance.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Brookvale needs a decent stand, and should only have a hill at the end.
Despite all the dramas there,the biggest deterrent for fans ,is a lack of facilities and of course a team that is tearing itself apart.
Arthurson would be gutted with the crowds ,attending there at present.

Anyone who thinks Brooky will ever get funding for an upgrade is delusional.

Either accept the shitty ground or move. Stop living in a fantasy

Generalzod

Immortal
Anyone who thinks Brooky will ever get funding for an upgrade is delusional.

Either accept the shitty ground or move. Stop living in a fantasy

It's only during an election Abbott is out an about the northern beaches election-airing promising the world and delivering so little.