What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

I tell ya what shit me at shark park and no doubt this happens everywhere but the jersey Flegg game finished at 630 on Saturday’s night and there was f**k all to do until 740 when the main game kicked off apart from freeze my ass off.

Yeah yeah there was junior kids on the field but let’s face it unless they are your kids no one gives a shit.

Generalzod

Immortal
I tell ya what shit me at shark park and no doubt this happens everywhere but the jersey Flegg game finished at 630 on Saturday’s night and there was f**k all to do until 740 when the main game kicked off apart from freeze my ass off.

Yeah yeah there was junior kids on the field but let’s face it unless they are your kids no one gives a shit.
I love to see the NRL bring back u21 and reserve grade back...

thorson1987

Coach

This.

I was there when we played you guys earlier in the season. SG Ball was beforehand, than an hour wait until the main game started.

f**k that bullshit.

30 minute gap max should be sufficient.

taipan

Referee
If it rains at Shark Park,the hill will be a wasteland as usual.
On that basis if it rains consistently 10-11,000.When the hill is packed chockers ,16,000 plus easy.

Which gets back to the point, better cover and facilities brings in more fans, as Manly have discovered to their horror on a few occasions.

And to the point about pre match entertainment, to have a big gap between games or a dead zone is plain ridiculous for a supposed professional sport.
Surely someone from the NRL in their marketing department, can get a handle on this and do something with the clubs.

If it rains at Shark Park,the hill will be a wasteland as usual.
On that basis if it rains consistently 10-11,000.When the hill is packed chockers ,16,000 plus easy.

Which gets back to the point, better cover and facilities brings in more fans, as Manly have discovered to their horror on a few occasions.

And to the point about pre match entertainment, to have a big gap between games or a dead zone is plain ridiculous for a supposed professional sport.
Surely someone from the NRL in their marketing department, can get a handle on this and do something with the clubs.
It’s an NRL directive to have such a big break.

carcharias

Immortal
Is it to do with TV?
They televise those games nowadays.
The massive break gives them more time to sell you crap before the actual game starts.... and dissect the bejesus out of it by ex players.

Reactions: Vee

lockyno1

Post Whore
Is it to do with TV?
They televise those games nowadays.
The massive break gives them more time to sell you crap before the actual game starts.... and dissect the bejesus out of it by ex players.

Surely half an hour would be plenty for that. Why do they need well over an hour?

And what is their reasoning for it?

It’s so teams and refs have a 60 minute window to warm up on the field. Once upon a time it was a requirement that a venue had a separate warm up space to the playing surface; when they removed this requirement they created this game day requirement for ALL venues.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
It’s so teams and refs have a 60 minute window to warm up on the field. Once upon a time it was a requirement that a venue had a separate warm up space to the playing surface; when they removed this requirement they created this game day requirement for ALL venues.

Any warmup more than 15-20 mins before any contest is surely useless? 60 minutes sounds ridiculous.

taipan

Referee

So the refs are now part of the pre game entertainment.Sheesh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't see any necessity for on-field warm-ups. All venues should have a mandated protected warm-up area (i.e. fans can't just wander into it) adjacent to the main stadium, like the Dragons appear to at WIN. I think I've seen it for Canberra as well, and it used to happen when Parra played at Pirtek too.