What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Emu01

Juniors
It has been a long time since I've felt this much excitement for the club. Absolutely crazy when you consider what has happened over the last few years.

How many NRL teams could be talking about a 25K+ crowd opening round after 3 straight wooden spoons? More to the point how many NRL clubs have ever drawn that big of a crowd against an out of town team?

Newcastle and more specifically the knights really are one of leagues greatest assets. It would be awesome to see the area given more attention (and more opportunities on FTA).

To answer a couple of your questions above.

If some Sydney clubs had a spending spree like the knights did you have literally bought half’s 1st grade team with Pearce,Ponga etc.

I’d say the Bulldogs,Souths, Parramatta the Dragons, Penrith could all attract at least 20k some 25k if they had purchased the same big off season purchases the Knights did.

Plus Manly is your biggest rival by far and would normally pull big numbers of fans anyway..

Vee

First Grade

If some Sydney clubs had a spending spree like the knights did you have literally bought half’s 1st grade team with Pearce,Ponga etc.

I’d say the Bulldogs,Souths, Parramatta the Dragons, Penrith could all attract at least 20k some 25k if they had purchased the same big off season purchases the Knights did.

Plus Manly is your biggest rival by far and would normally pull big numbers of fans anyway..
If the Bulldogs,Souths, Parramatta the Dragons, Penrith had purchased the same big off season purchases the Knights did, Guerra, SKD, Moga etc, I'd suggest they wouldn't get any more than they did last year.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Even after winning 3 spoons in a row though? I think that is the kicker hey.

The word.. Ever.. Makes it confusing

How many NRL clubs have

Ever

Drawn 25K against out of town opposition
It's like its 2 points being made here & as I pointed out, needs clarification

Billythekid

First Grade

Pretty misleading argument. Yet knights could only make so many good signings because their team had been SO shit the past few years. It's not like they signed the biggest crowd drawers anyway, I'm not convinced any other club would get a boost signing the likes of SKD, Pearce, Ponga etc. Those signings are so exciting because of what the knights have been through.

Manly are a good drawing team for the knights but like for everyone else they bring no away support. They will all be knights fans at the game.

Billythekid

First Grade
The word.. Ever.. Makes it confusing

How many NRL clubs have

Ever

Drawn 25K against out of town opposition
It's like its 2 points being made here & as I pointed out, needs clarification

Sorry you're right, when you take every crowd in the history of the game most clubs would have pulled 25K+ against out of town teams. It's extremely rare though for every club bar the broncos. The fact that it's even possible after 3 wooden spoons straight shows how much of a stronghold Newcastle is for rugby league.

We'll have to wait and see what the crowd is first of course.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Oh yay, Raiderdave arguing with everyone and Perth Red being pessimistic.

Just what we wanted.

oh its unrealistic optimism you want?
45k? Bah the stadium is bound to sell out, anything less than 60k and Perth doesn't deserve a team. There you go, your standard LU response to crowds.

ps stop derailing threads, as a moderator you should know better!

Reactions: Vee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Noticed the grandstands were well patronized . Moreso than for an NRL game. Poms must like seated comfort. Most Aussies like hills better!

Yeh I'm sure it was a shock to the travelling English fans to see that the idea of a modern stadium in Australia includes a big grass hill like down the local park lol.

Stallion

First Grade
Yeh I'm sure it was a shock to the travelling English fans to see that the idea of a modern stadium in Australia includes a big grass hill like down the local park lol.

Dont underestimate the enjoyment of the hill for us Aussies. Its a cultural thing. We like to think we are a bit more relaxed than the Poms. Lazing about on a hill, bringing the picnic rug, enjoying relaxed banter in a casual setting etc. It's all part of what Aussies like.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Arguing?
Lol
Simply seeking an explanation for what Billy said himself was a fairly ambiguous statement dopey
oh its unrealistic optimism you want?
45k? Bah the stadium is bound to sell out, anything less than 60k and Perth doesn't deserve a team. There you go, your standard LU response to crowds.

ps stop derailing threads, as a moderator you should know better!
I couldn't five four fifths of a f**k what either of you were talking about or who you were arguing with.

It's just begun the same bullshit cycle that happens in this thread every year now. :sleeping:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I couldn't five four fifths of a f**k what either of you were talking about or who you were arguing with.

It's just begun the same bullshit cycle that happens in this thread every year now. :sleeping:

stop flaming and stick to the topic

beave

Coach

Or travelling aussies to the motherland to see that the English idea of a shower is once every 2 weeks.

It’s whatever you’re used to I guess..........

Diesel

Referee
What’s the prices of the tickets for Perth?

Someone earlier said $250 for the sides which is f**king rediculous for an oval ground that is probably 40m+ from the sideline