What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Saint Doc

Coach
Yeh I'm sure it was a shock to the travelling English fans to see that the idea of a modern stadium in Australia includes a big grass hill like down the local park lol.

Yeah Hull fans must have been so shocked. They wouldn’t have seen that since the last local derby at Craven Park...

aerial-view-of-hull-kingston-rovers-rugby-league-ground-ms3-craven-DCCJ0Y.jpg

Raiderdave

First Grade
I couldn't five four fifths of a f**k what either of you were talking about or who you were arguing with.

It's just begun the same bullshit cycle that happens in this thread every year now. :sleeping:

Again
And I'll ask real slow this time

Who the f**k was I arguing with exactly?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah Hull fans must have been so shocked. They wouldn’t have seen that since the last local derby at Craven Park...

aerial-view-of-hull-kingston-rovers-rugby-league-ground-ms3-craven-DCCJ0Y.jpg

There isnt a grass hill at craven park, it’s all seating or terracing.
And especially not the so called “main”stand lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What’s the prices of the tickets for Perth?

Someone earlier said $250 for the sides which is f**king rediculous for an oval ground that is probably 40m+ from the sideline

Seats range from $20-90 for just the seat.
There is a stack load of package options as well which are much more expensive.

Burns

First Grade
Sub 10,000 crowd do we think for the World Club Challenge in Melbourne on Friday?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There isnt a grass hill at craven park, it’s all seating or terracing.
And especially not the so called “main”stand lol.
Looks like a fairly decent grass patch in the top left corner...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like a fairly decent grass patch in the top left corner...

Its flat and where the kids kick a ball around on. Eventually the final part of the East stand extension will fill that gap. The oval bit at the end (South stand) is the last remnant of when the ground also had a greyhound and speedway track around the outside!
Been rumoured for some time that there is interest in a hotel being developed at that end with a stand attached. The ground is very close to the docks and ferry port.

It'll never be the best stadium in the world but its home and goes off when the East stand is in full voice!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's grass. You said there wasn't any. You are therefore full of it.

err no I said grass hill where spectators stand. That grass at craven park is neither a hill nor a spectator viewing area. In fact until last season it was a fake beach with deck chairs and beach huts lol. It would be illegal in UK to have a sports stadium with a grass hill for spectating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vee

OldPanther

Coach
err no I said grass hill where spectators stand. That grass at craven park is neither a hill nor a spectator viewing area. In fact until last season it was a fake beach with deck chairs and beach huts lol. It would be illegal in UK to have a sports stadium with a grass hill for spectating.

Illegal?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Illegal?!

Yep, after Heysel and Hillsborough they brought in a whole load of new stadium safety laws in England aimed at preventing crushes and assisting in quick escape. No more unprotected terraces, no more grass hills, all seating at soccer grounds, no more perimeter fences etc

OldPanther

Coach
Yep, after Heysel and Hillsborough they brought in a whole load of new stadium safety laws in England aimed at preventing crushes and assisting in quick escape. No more unprotected terraces, no more grass hills, all seating at soccer grounds, no more perimeter fences etc

My new fact for the day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
My new fact for the day.

If you look at the picture of Craven Park what is now the North stand (with red towers) used to be all grass hill when the ground was built in late 80's. After Hillsborough the hill became off limits when the laws changed and eventually the new stand was built a few years ago. Here's it when it was first built in late 80's with grass hills and the speedway and dog track. Like watching a game at an AFL oval!

14203233.jpg

Knight76

Juniors
Knights are a lock for 20k+ 1st home game.

Playing Manly
Hype over new signings
One of only two home games in first 8 rounds.
Beat Melbourne in trial and if we also beat Parra that will help.

Being reported that all enclosed corporate boxes are virtually sold for round 1, 1st time they have done that since ground re-design. Sign of the support building.

Latest posts