What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

callmack1

Staff member
Exciting news today! We're starting to get things through for next year in terms of the draw.

It's been confirmed we'll be playing the Warriors in the Round 1 Perth Double Header and just confirmed today we are hosting Manly in an ANZ Stadium Double Header in Round 3.

Awesome!

If anything else about the 2018 Draw comes through, discuss it here.

Exciting news today! We're starting to get things through for next year in terms of the draw.

It's been confirmed we'll be playing the Warriors in the Round 1 Perth Double Header and just confirmed today we are hosting Manly in an ANZ Stadium Double Header in Round 3.

Awesome!

If anything else about the 2018 Draw comes through, discuss it here.
sounds good mate, i will be at the round 3 double header with Parra v Sharks it should be a good couple of games. i am excited !!!

callmack1

Staff member
Three Rabbitohs Double Headers To Start Season 2018

Mon 9th October, 08:30AM

1507495687423.jpg;pvf0bfdaee7c238b2a

The South Sydney Rabbitohs will be the only NRL Club to be involved in three double headers scheduled to kick off Season 2018, with the NRL announcing an ANZ Stadium blockbuster double header for round three next year against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

The Rabbitohs are set to take on the Sea Eagles in a home game alongside an Eels vs Sharks clash, the first NRL premiership double header at ANZ Stadium since 2008.

The round three double header fixture at ANZ Stadium is in addition to the Wigan Warriors hosting the Rabbitohs in a pre-season double header at the same venue alongside the Dragons and Hull FC, as well as the round one double header at the new Perth Stadium which will see the Rabbitohs take on the Warriors and the Bulldogs doing battle with the Storm.

Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly says these new initiatives are very exciting for the Club and its Members.

“One of the key messages we get from our Members is that they want better value from their Memberships and initiatives such as playing in double headers and giving our Members more access to more games is one step in trying to achieve that for them,” Mr Solly said.

“Pending the outcome of the NRL draw which will be released in the coming weeks, our Ticketed Members could have access to as many as 15 or 16 NRL games with their Membership, plus discounted tickets to other away games throughout the season including the international double header against Wigan.

“From past experience, the atmosphere at double headers is electric and it proves to be a great event for all of the family.

“We’ve been working hard with ANZ Stadium and the other tenant clubs on more initiatives to address many of our Members’ concerns such as transport, food and beverage prices, scheduling of games, so we’re confident that our Members will see better value in their Memberships than ever before.

“We’re all looking forward to being part of these double header game days and we’re also looking forward to seeing the red and green army out in force. We’ve already signed up over 15,000 Members for next season as we head towards out target of 30,000 and these double header game days give our Members a great opportunity to show they are the most passionate in the game.”
Double Headers
Pre-season: Saturday 17 February 2018

Wigan Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

Hull FC vs St George Illawarra Dragons

ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Times – TBC

Tickets can be purchased here.

Round 1: Saturday 10 March 2018
South Sydney Rabbitohs vs New Zealand Warriors

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs Melbourne Storm

Perth Stadium, Sydney

Times – TBC

Ticketed Membership plus WA upgrade can be purchased here.

WA Membership can be purchased here.

Round Three: Saturday 24 March 2018
South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Parramatta Eels vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Times – TBC

Ticketed Membership can be purchased here.

callmack1

Staff member
Those bush games sound cool. Good to see.

The Draw is set to be released next week which is very exciting!! Gee I hope we get a game vs the Wariors in NZ but it's unlikely.

callmack1

Staff member
A bit more info about the Draw structure:
  • Kick off for the season is Thursday 8 March
  • 25 Rounds, one less than previous years
  • All Rounds are confirmed when the Draw is released (unlike previous years where the last six Rounds would be revealed at a later date).
  • Only one scheduled bye per club (8 clubs before SOO1, 8 before SOO3), plus all clubs get SOO2 weekend off.
  • SOO1: Wed 6 Jun
  • SOO2: Sun 24 Jun
  • SOO3: Wed 11 Jul
  • Round 25 is Aug 30 to Sep 2
  • Finals start Sep 7-9
  • Grand Final Sun 30 Sep
  • Draw is set to be released this Thursday!
So there's a fair bit of change there but it sounds good!

Pommy

Coach
Well looks like I will be getting my membership on Thursday.
I wonder when/if England and NZ are going to announce the rumoured test for SOO2 weekend. Planning on taking a trip over for that.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Those bush games sound cool. Good to see.

The Draw is set to be released next week which is very exciting!! Gee I hope we get a game vs the Wariors in NZ but it's unlikely.
So there are only 23 matches each team plays and not 24??

callmack1

Staff member
Oh only 1 bye??
Yes because SOO 2 is on a stand alone weekend and the NRL competition pauses for this weekend similar to what it has in the past for Rep Round. Therefore, this is technically the other bye, all clubs just get it at the same time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yes because SOO 2 is on a stand alone weekend and the NRL competition pauses for this weekend similar to what it has in the past for Rep Round. Therefore, this is technically the other bye, all clubs just get it at the same time.
Thanks bro I'd heard that earlier on this year but had forgotten.

I am hoping for a good draw if it's released this Friday...

The double header against Manly in round 3 for us it seems I'll be at my great Uncle's on a holiday in QLD that week so I'll have to miss that one.

But oh well the Good Friday blockbuster against the Dogs the week after will be good....

Rabbits20

Immortal
So we know this:

9 home games at ANZ plus 4 away games at ANZ with reciprocal rights access against Dragons, Dogs, Eels and Tigers.

Round 1: Warriors in Perth (H)
Round 2: ?? (Probably an away game)
Round 3: Manly at ANZ (H)
Round 4: Dogs at ANZ (H)

1 match in Gosford
1 match in Cairns

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So we know this:

9 home games at ANZ plus 4 away games at ANZ with reciprocal rights access against Dragons, Dogs, Eels and Tigers.

Round 1: Warriors in Perth (H)
Round 2: ?? (Probably an away game)
Round 3: Manly at ANZ (H)
Round 4: Dogs at ANZ (H)

1 match in Gosford
1 match in Cairns

I seriously hope the NRL doesnt f**k with us and put us against North Queensland at cairns. That was an absolute "f**k you" to all Souths fans.