What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Mate exactly what I was gonna post. Then I thought oh I'll just leave it........

Nah the NRL f**ked Souths around the last 2 seasons. Our draw was the hardest in the comp this season. Add on top of that the ridiculous five day turn arounds we had and the travelling we VOLUNTARILY do to promote the game. It's a legitimate joke to them. Oh and the amount of Friday night games made it so hard to get to games.

callmack1

Staff member
Draw is out!!!! So exciting! I haven't had a chance to fully analyse it yet but looked at it briefly and it looks much better.

Round110.jpg

Round28.jpg

Round31.jpg

Round41.jpg

Round51.jpg

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Secure Exciting NRL Draw For 2018

Thu 19th October, 10:05AM

1508363977290.jpg;pv43ba3d2728f2800c

In our 110th year, 10 years since the release of the Book of Feuds... It's time to write the next chapter.

The Members told us what they wanted, we took that and worked hard with the NRL and have secured a hugely improved draw for 2018! Members will have more access to matches than ever before and will enjoy bigger events with double headers and more weekend matches.

In one of the best draws for the Rabbitohs in several seasons, Members can look forward to seven day-time home games in 2018. There are no home games in the Friday 6pm time slot and only two Thursday night home fixtures.

Ticketed Members will have access to 16 matches in 2018:

• 9 ANZ Stadium Home Games
  • 4 Free Away Games (Reciprocal)
  • Central Coast Stadium Game
  • Charity Shield
  • Bonus Double Header game in Round 3
With access to four free away (reciprocal) fixtures this year, we're calling on our Members to join the Rabbitohs invasion and turn those away games into Red and Green home games!

An exciting run in to the finals will be witnessed live by Ticketed Members who'll have access to five straight ANZ Stadium games throughout July and August.

From a football perspective; the team only faces two five-day turnarounds as opposed to four last season. We'll only lose Origin players prior to Origin I, we'll have a seven-day turnaround after Perth and a 13-day turnaround following Cairns.

Learn about the 2018 NRL Draw and the history that underwrites each feud.

Hear CEO Blake Solly's comments on the 2018 Draw.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm really liking the Draw for 2018! There's no doubt it's one of the best we've had in years and is ten times better than last year.

I'm just going to do a little analysis on it.

Toughness

In terms of toughness, we are much better off in 2018. The NRL has ranked us ninth for this. That is a huge improvement on last year as I think we were ranked to have the toughest Draw. Rankings are below.

1. Warriors (234 points)
2. Titans (226)
=3. Sharks (218)
=3. Bulldogs (218)
=3. Wests Tigers (218)
=6. Sea Eagles (216)
=6. Knights (216)
8. Cowboys (208)
9. Rabbitohs (207)
10. Broncos (205)
11. Dragons (202)
12. Eels (191)
13. Panthers (190)
14. Raiders (189)
15. Storm (180)
16. Roosters (170)

Days

The number of games allocated to certain days are as follows:

Thursday night games: 5
Friday night games: 7
Saturday games: 10
Sunday games: 2

Teams we play

Teams we play twice: Broncos, Raiders, Bulldogs, Warriors, Cowboys, Eels, Dragons, Roosters, Wests Tigers.

Teams we play once: Sharks, Titans, Sea Eagles, Storm, Knights, Panthers.

Five day turnarounds

A huge positive for 2018's Draw is that we only have two Five day turnarounds which occur between Rounds 7 and 8 aswell as between Rounds 24 and 25. That is a huge positive.

Starting point (from NRL.com)

We have been given the honour of hosting the Warriors in Round 1 in the double-header to open the new Perth Stadium and then take on three Sydney rivals starting with the Panthers at Penrith in Round 2. Two home games against arch enemies Manly and Canterbury follow at ANZ Stadium, before a clash with the Bulldogs in the traditional Good Friday blockbuster.

Tough run (from NRL.com)

An eight-week stretch in the middle of the season where we play only three games at ANZ Stadium will be an excellent test of new coach Anthony Seibold's credentials. In Round 9 we head north of Sydney to take on the Knights and after a clash with the Dragons back on home soil there are back-to-back away trips to Townsville and Auckland that should provide a stark contrast in terms of playing conditions. A visit to the Gold Coast and then a home game in Cairns against the Cowboys in Round 16 rounds out a hectic two-month period.

Show-stoppers (from NRL.com)

An expected sell-out crowd of 60,000 at the unveiling of Perth Stadium is an inspiring way to begin a long campaign and the Good Friday blockbuster against the Bulldogs in Round 4 should ensure South Sydney's average home crowds are very healthy over the first month of the season. It will be just shy of six years since South Sydney last played at UOW Jubilee Oval when they face the Dragons in Round 5 and with a meeting against fierce local rivals the Roosters a week later there will be no lack of atmosphere at Rabbitohs games early in 2018.

Origin impact (from NRL.com)

Queensland reps Greg Inglis and Dane Gagai will miss the Round 13 local derby against the Sharks if they are in camp with the Maroons for Origin I as expected, but that is the only game for which they will be unavailable. Any Souths Origin reps could be forced to back up just two days after the series opener in Melbourne to play the Titans on the Gold Coast and they're looking at another short turnaround after Origin III in Brisbane, a date with the Bulldogs on Saturday night awaiting them in Round 18.

Positives (I will probably miss some)

Some other positives I have not mentioned:

• There are four Reciprical Rights games
  • Draw is a lot more crowd friendly as we now have plenty of day games, this is great news
  • This next one is a BIG one for me, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. We have a game in NZ!!!!!!!!!!!! That means I'll be able to see the boys live this year!!!! So stoked with that.
  • We don't play the Storm at AAMI Park in 2018
  • Obviously all the games we're taking to different places like Perth, Mudgee, Cairns, NZ, Central Coast. We're everywhere next year
  • Our huge clashes with the Roosters will not be impacted by Origin
  • Large turnarounds after our big away trips

Negatives (again, I will probably miss some)

• We are still playing the Cowboys in Cairns
  • One of our massive games with the Roosters is on a Thursday
I know I've probably missed some things but overall, we have a good Draw and I am now really excited for 2018!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Draw is SO much better than last year. Not only toughness but having weekend games is a big plus for me as a fan. Can't wait for next year.

Can someone explain to me why the NRL keeps giving us the cowboys in Cairns? That's a f**king joke. We are essentially giving the cowboys 2 home games. Either only have us play them once a year or give us a different team to play in Cairns.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Stage is all set for a roosters premiership. Easiest draw in the comp, Cronk going to them, NRL not auditing the salary cap. Should be a fun year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I would like to see a quote of that as I’m positive that’s not the case

Watch ask the bosses and it'll confirm it. He specifically states "I was outraged at the North Queensland game in Cairns" "we had no idea we were signing off to play them". He then goes on to ask Souths fans to write angry emails to the NRL because they hate that haha.

Pommy

Coach
I can’t watch those videos at work. The news links I found all said Souths were the ones behind it.

Latest posts